How to enter a child in the passport?
When going to travel with a child under the age of 14, abroad, parents should prepare documents for crossing the border of the Russian Federation. Without this, you cannot leave the country with your child. Therefore, the parents face the question of how to enter the child in the passport.
We draw your attention that it is possible to enter a child in an international passport only if the parents have an old-style document. If they have already managed to get a new international passport, then the child cannot be entered into it. In this case, the child should get your own passport.
How to enter a child in the passport - documents
So, how to enter the child in the parents' passport, what documents for this should be provided to the competent authorities? Here is a list of them:
- Application (application form) in one copy or application in free form.
- A receipt for the payment of state duty for the registration of a child in the parent's passport. Forms and samples of the receipt can be found in the branch of Sberbank (Form number PD-4sb (tax)).
- Child's birth certificate and photocopy.It is necessary to confirm the child’s citizenship in any way: an insert about the child’s Russian citizenship and its copy, a stamp on the citizenship of the Russian Federation in the birth certificate. If the child’s birth certificate contains information about the Russian citizenship of one or both parents, then the child’s citizenship stamp is not required.
- Four photos of a child 3.5 by 4.5 cm. It is interesting that earlier the photo of the child was pasted into the parent's passport only if he was 16 years old. Now, even if your baby is only one month old, he should be photographed and pasted the photo into your passport.
- Passport of the parent, which will fit the child.
- A copy of the workbook of the parent.
- Three photos of the parent.
If both parents go with the child outside the Russian Federation, then the child is entered into the passport of one of the parents.
Gathering with a child under the age of fourteen, on a trip outside Russia, parents must not only enter the child in the passport of one of the parents, but also prepare a few more documents that they need at the time of passing the border control:
- If the child crosses the border on his own, accompanied by one of the parents or with other relatives, the written consent of one or both parents to leave the child abroad must be presented at the border. This consent must be certified by a notary.
- If one of the parents is in a foreign country at the time the child crosses the border, he can issue a consent for the child to leave Russia at the consulate of the Russian Federation located in his country of residence.
- If the child and the mother have different surnames, you will additionally need the original birth certificate (or a notarized copy); marriage or divorce certificate.
It depends on the thoroughness of the execution of all documents, how quickly the child will enter the passport, how the moment of crossing the state border of the Russian Federation will pass, and the whole trip as a whole.