How to eliminate the smell of cat urine? Tips and Tricks
How to eliminate the smell of cat urine? Many owners of pets are sooner or later asked this question. Often cats refuse to cope with their need for specialized trays or simply "tag" their territory. Be that as it may, the smell remaining after this is very harsh and persistent. In this article, we will talk about how to remove the smell of cat urine. In pet stores in the windows, you can see specialized tools to combat this problem. They can be acquired safely. But you need to consider the surface with which they remove the smell (cloth, carpet, any surface), as some of these tools can easily remove the smell, for example, from the floor, but at the same time damage the carpet. We will talk about more simple and accessible methods of getting rid of odors with the help of improvised means.
How to eliminate the smell of cat urine?
- Vinegar. Use it both in a diluted form, and in pure. It is an excellent remedy for eliminating unpleasant odors. If you use it in its pure form, you must wipe the surface with water afterwards.
- Undiluted alcohol, vodka. In addition to the fact that these remedies will be able to cope with the elimination of a sharp odor, they will also help to prevent the cat from re-erecting in this place.
- Manganese. This tool is suitable for any surface of dark color.It is necessary to make a weak solution of potassium permanganate and wipe the "fragrant" place with a cloth. For fabrics and carpets it is not recommended to use it, as there is a risk of staining.
- Chlorine. Use this universal tool only if you make sure that the surface to be cleaned will withstand contact with chlorine.
- Soda. It is another great tool. Kashitsu from soda we put on a fetid place and we wait, while it will dry up. After that, we sweep it.
- Laundry soap. It can be used both for hard surfaces, and for materials, clothes. Removing the smell of cat urine with soap is very effective, it can cope with other stench.
- Hydrogen peroxide. Like the previous remedy for the smell of cat urine, it can be used for materials and tissues as well. However, hydrogen peroxide concentrate is an extremely powerful compound that can damage the lacquer coating.
How to remove the smell of cat urine from the carpet?
If your pet feces on the carpet, then you can remove the stain and the smell of urine according to the following procedure:
- Toilet paper (or paper towels) in several layers put oncontaminated area and top coverany heavy object to ensure that the liquid is absorbed into it. If the carpet is already dry, that is, the urine has dried, then it is necessary first to soak the place with water, and then also attach the paper and place the press on top. The procedure should be repeated until the napkin becomes dry.
- Take a rag, previously soaked in a solution of vinegar or hydrogen peroxide, put on a fetid area and again use a press. We are waiting for several hours.
- After that, to remove the stain from the carpet, we use a special tool for cleaning carpets.