How to eat properly after a stomach ulcer
Apr 25, 2018
Gastric ulcer, or more correctly gastric ulcer, is a common disease of the digestive tract.The main cause of pain is a defect that forms on the mucosa.It appears because of the influence of several factors.More often than not, with a peptic ulcer, a Helicobacter pylori bacterium is found that contributes to the appearance of an ulcer.Also of great importance are smoking, alcohol, malnutrition and constant stress.If after the treatment the defect is healed, this does not mean that the ulcer does not become aggravated again.Therefore, after a stomach ulcer, one must observe the right way of life, which will reduce the risk of recurrence of the disease.
To the basic rules that must be observed, include:
1. Compliance with the diet - this factor is of great importance.With proper nutrition, pain in the stomach will never resume.The diet should be permanent.It includes those products that do not have an irritant effect on the mucous membrane.Thus it is impossible to eat sour, sharp, salty.
Too cold or hot dishes will have a damaging effect on the gastric shell.Also it is necessary to exclude smoked products, bright spices, stimulating the formation of gastric juice, canned food.Cocoa, coffee, strong black tea are also contraindicated.Mushrooms and meat of fatty varieties should also be eaten as rarely as possible.
2. Power Mode.The number of meals should be at least 5-6 times a day.The portions are small and low-calorie.
3. Quitting smoking.Nicotine and tar contained in the smoke, increase the production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach.This will lead to a relapse of peptic ulcer.
4. Stress leads to the secretion of gastric juice, so after a stomach ulcer any unpleasant situations should also be avoided.
5. The aggravation of ulcers is promoted by non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs of NSAIDs( aspirin, ibuprofen, nise, etc.) These medications should be avoided if there is a stomach ulcer in an anamnesis.
At first glance, it seems that the listed rules severely restrict the patient's diet and lifestyle.But it should be remembered that an ulcer can lead to serious complications( bleeding, perforation, malignancy).Therefore, it is better to prevent another relapse than to get serious health problems.