How to disable windows firewall?
Watch the video
In Windows, the firewall is always enabled by default. It copes quite well with protecting your computer from intruders and the harmful effects of virus programs on it. However, when it becomes necessary to install the Firewall from a different vendor, it is imperative that you disable the Wndows firewall, otherwise their collaboration will lead to OS crashes. To do this, use one of the following instructions, depending on the version of your OS.
Instructions for Windows 7
To disable the Windows 7 firewall, you must perform a series of actions.
- Go to the "Start" menu (located at the bottom left of the desktop panel) and type in the search box command: shell: ControlPanelFolder, and then press Enter.
- After that, the control panel will open, in which click on "Windows Firewall".
- In the drop-down menu, click on the item "Disable / Enable Windows Firewall".
- You will see a new window "Settings". It will need to tick off “Disable Windows Firewall” in front of the available types of networks, and then click “OK”.
- In the next step, you will need to stop the Windows 7 firewall service. To do this, enter the following command in the search box in the Start menu: services.msc, and then click on the Enter key.
- The “Services” window will appear on the screen, find the line “Windows Firewall” in it and click it twice.
- Now go to the “General” tab, click on the “Stop” option and from the drop-down list click on the “Startup type”, check the box next to the “Disable” line and click on “OK”.
- Open the Start menu again and type the following command in its search line: msconfig, and then press Enter.
- A new window will open in which you need to go to the “Services” tab; in it, opposite the “Windows Firewall” line, uncheck the box and click “OK”.
- Then a system window will appear in which select the “Exit without reboot” command. At this work to disable the functioning of the Windows 7 firewall will be completed.
Instructions for Windows XP
To disable the Windows XP firewall, you need to do the following:
- Go to the "Start" menu, in which click on "Control Panel".
- In the window that appears, click on the line "Security Center", and then select "Windows XP Firewall".
- In the window that opens, check the box next to the "Shut down" command and click "OK."
- The “Security Center” window will still appear on the screen, in the menu on the left, click once on the section “Change DSP Notification Method”.
- In the opened tab opposite all parameters, uncheck the checkboxes and click on the “OK” button. After that, the firewall on your computer will stop working.
Instructions for Windows 8
In Windows 8, the firewall also acts as an anti-virus system on the computer. And if you decide to install other similar software, then before you do this, follow these steps:
- Press the key combination Win + I on the desktop PC.
- In the menu that appears, click on the line "Control Panel".
- Among the options presented in the window that opens, select "Windows 8 Firewall".
- You will see a tab in which on the right side click on the "Enable / Disable Windows Firewall" command.
- In the window that appears in the present items, check the boxes next to the "Disable Firewall" lines, and then click on "OK." Now you just have to restart your computer, and then you can install other anti-virus software.