How to delete the conversation in Skype?
Skype (Skype) - a program to communicate on the Internet. With it, you can make video calls, arrange video conferences, conduct correspondence and transfer various files. Often, Skype users communicate via text messaging. There is not always a need to save all chats. So how to delete the conversation in Skype? How to leave only the necessary messages and erase the chat with a specific person?
Deleting Skype Message History
The history of Skype messages is stored in the local profile of the program on the user's computer. Delete all messages in two ways:
- On the control panel, select the "Tools" tab, in the pop-up window, click "Settings (Options)". Next you will need to select the "Privacy" tab and click "Clear history" there.
- In the same tab "Tools (Tools)" select "Chat rooms and SMS (IM and SMS)", where opening "Chat settings (IM setting)" click "Clear history"
If you do not like the above two methods, you can also reinstall the program.To delete the history of all events (messages, calls, file sharing, etc.), you need to delete the local Skype user profile (Start - Run - enter:% APPDATA% \ Skype - Ok).
Delete the history of correspondence with a single person
How to delete Skype chat history with only one user? Unfortunately, in Skype, the built-in tools do not allow to delete a chat with one contact. To do this, there is a special additional utility - Skype chat helper (you can download it here:) After installing the program, follow the following steps:
- Record the name of the required Skype contact.
- Close Skype.
- Back up your local Skype profile.
- Launch Skype chat helper.
- In the field "username" enter your login. In the "contact" field, the user name with whom the correspondence is deleted. Click "Remove chat history".
- Open Skype and check the result.