How to create a Wi-Fi?
Today, Wi-Fi (wi-fi) networks are widespread. Cafes, restaurants, shopping centers and even banks - everywhere you can catch the network using a laptop or smartphone. This article will describe how to create a Wi-Fi.
In order to create a Wi-Fi network, you need to purchase some equipment. Namely - a router that will directly distribute the network. Two cords will be attached to the router: one for connecting to a computer, the second for an Internet outlet. Connect cords. Turn on the router. We are waiting for the lights on the device panel to light up. After that, a Wi-Fi network should appear. We check its presence using a laptop or smartphone.
Almost any laptop with an Internet connection can become a Wi-Fi point. For example, if the Internet is connected to the machine via a cord. In order to distribute Wi-Fi in this way, you need to enable the access point. Next will be a guide for Windows.
- Go to "Start" → "cmd" → "Run as administrator"
- We check the compatibility of Wi-Fi modules on devices.To do this, in the window that appears, enter in the command line "netsh wlan show drivers". Press Enter.
- Further, in the same place we write “netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode = allow ssid = name key = password”. Here "name" is the name of the Wi-Fi network. Come up with any. Similarly, with the "password". Create your own for your network. You need to write only in Latin letters. Press Enter.
- We start wi-fi to work with the command "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" in the same line.
- Next, you should configure access to other users on the Internet. To do this, go to the "Network Control Center". Next, look for the adapter settings and click the Access tab. We are looking for an item that allows other users to use the Internet, and tick the box next to it. We are looking for the item "Connecting to your home network" and then choose the creation of a virtual router. Click OK.
We check the performance of Wi-Fi. To do this, try to find and connect to the network from another device.
Access point from a smartphone with Android
If there are no other options, and the Internet is needed, then the network can also distribute a smartphone. How to create a Wi-Fi connection using a smartphone with Android OS?
- Go to "Settings" → "Advanced Settings".
- select the item "Modem and access point" and make active the item "Portable Access Point".
After that, the screen will display a notification about the name of the network and its password.