How to cook vegetables in a slow cooker?
Dishes cooked in a slow cooker are tasty and at the same time very healthy, as during the preparation the vitamins contained in the food are preserved. Today we will talk about how to cook vegetables in a slow cooker.
Many models of multicookers have a useful feature that allows you to cook vegetables for a couple. We offer as an example a simple recipe for cooking fish with vegetables.
For this dish you need to use the following ingredients:
- 1 PC. halibut or other type of lean fish;
- one squash;
- one medium onion;
- one carrot;
- one sweet pepper;
- 200 grams of cabbage;
- low-fat sour cream;
- salt and spices to taste.
- Carefully wash the fish, dry with a paper towel and cut into portions. Salt pieces, add your favorite spices and mix. Each of them is covered with sour cream.
- Wash vegetables and peel. Grate carrots and zucchini on a coarse grater, cut the peppers and onions into medium-sized ones, and chop the cabbage.
- Add to the vegetables a couple of spoons of sour cream, spices and begin to knead them.This should be done carefully, so that the vegetables start up the juice, but do not lose structure.
- We spread fish in a special container for steaming, and vegetables on top of it.
- Pour water into the slow cooker and place a container with fish and vegetables in it.
- Choose the mode “Steaming”, and in 25-30 minutes the dish will be ready.
Cooking Frozen Vegetables
In this wonderful device you can cook not only fresh, but also frozen vegetables. Usually, frozen vegetables are sold in peeled and chopped form, which means your participation in cooking will be minimal.
In order to prepare a full-fledged dinner of frozen vegetables and chicken, you will need:
- 500 g of a mixture of frozen vegetables;
- 300 g raw or boiled chicken fillet;
- 1 large onion;
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- ½ tbsp. l low-fat sour cream;
- mustard (to taste);
- salt, spices.
- Peel the onion and cut into pieces of the preferred shape.
- On the "Baking" mode, fry the onion in vegetable oil.
- While the onion is fried, let's take some meat. Cut the chicken into small pieces and add to the onion. It is important to have time to do this before the bulb acquires a golden color.If you are not sure that you have time, prepare the meat in advance.
- Add frozen vegetables. No need to defrost them, otherwise some of them can "float."
- To prepare the sauce, mix eggs, sour cream, mustard, salt and spices.
- Fill the sauce with the vegetables, switch the slow cooker to the “Quenching” mode and leave for 30-40 minutes.
- After the specified time, we check the readiness of vegetables and meat. If necessary, increase the cooking time.
Before you start cooking dishes using a slow cooker, you should understand how to cook in a slow cooker.