How to cook kutyu?
Kutya is a special dish that is prepared for Orthodox celebrations and funerals. It can be cooked from rice or wheat. But it is important to wash the cereal before cooking - then the dish will turn out crumbly and very tasty. When preparing it, it is imperative to add sugar and dried fruits. Let us consider the recipes of this dish.
At wake it is customary to cook kutia from rice. This recipe includes the following ingredients:
- water - 400 ml;
- rice - 200 g;
- raisins - 50 g;
- granulated sugar - 15 g;
- salt - to taste.
The process of making a memorial kutya:
- Wash rice thoroughly under running water.
- Put a saucepan with the specified amount of liquid on the fire and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, salt and sugar, then cook over medium heat until cooked.
- Sort out the raisins, and then fill with boiling water and leave for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and add to cooked rice.
- Cover with lid and leave for 15 minutes.
- Place the finished dish on a serving plate.
To make Christmas kutyu, you need the following ingredients:
- wheat - 600 g;
- poppy - 100 g;
- raisins (dark) - 70 g;
- granulated sugar - 100 g;
- almonds - 120 g;
- dried apricots - 100 g;
- Cognac - 20 ml;
- liquid honey (floral) - 30 ml.
Preparing Christmas kutya so:
- Put the pot of water on the fire and bring to a boil.
- Add the wheat before rinsing it.
- Boil until cooked over low heat.
- Pour hot water into the container and soak the poppy there for 10 minutes.
- Then strain it, add sugar, honey and brandy, and then rub it all thoroughly - you need to get a homogeneous mass.
- Put dried apricots and raisins in a small container, cover with hot water and leave for 20 minutes.
- Remove the dried fruits and chop them finely.
- Peel and chop the nuts in a blender.
- In the finished porridge add dried fruit, a lot of honey, sugar, poppy and brandy, as well as nuts. Mix everything thoroughly and put on a slide.
When cooking Christmas cakes, you can use not only almonds, but other nuts, such as cashews, peanuts, hazelnuts, and so on.