How to cook cod?
Cod contains many vitamins and trace elements, so it should often be included in your diet. From this variety of fish you can cook a huge amount of delicious and nutritious dishes. You will find several recipes below.
How to cook cod in foil in a slow cooker?
If you have a little time, it is best to bake cod in foil in a slow cooker. The result is a very tasty dish that does not require special skills and time-consuming. To do this, you will need the following ingredients:
- 200 g cod fillets;
- 2 potatoes;
- 300 ml of water;
- 20 g butter;
- 3 slices of lemon;
- salt, pepper, bay leaf - to taste.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into quarters. Add salt, pepper. Pour water into the multicooker container.
- Cod fillet cut in portions. Salt the fish, add bay leaf and lemon slices. Put the pieces in the foil, place the potatoes evenly on top.
- Turn on the slow cooker for half an hour. When serving, sprinkle potatoes with olive oil. Serve the dish, decorating it with greens.Cod cooked in this way is distinguished by its exquisite taste and amazing aroma.
Cod also makes a very tasty soup. The recipe for cooking can be found in our article - How to cook fish soup.
You can also bake this fish in the oven. Some ideas you will find in our article - How to cook cod in the oven.
How to cook cod steak in sour cream?
A great idea would be to cook a cod steak in sour cream. It will turn out very tasty and fragrant dish that will appeal to all households. So, this will require the following products:
- 3 cod steaks;
- 150 ml of sour cream;
- 20 ml of vegetable oil;
- salt, pepper, bay leaf, sugar - to taste.
- Wash the cod steaks, dry them. Put in a container, add salt, pepper, some sugar and bay leaf. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Take a frying pan with a thick bottom, pour oil into it, put the fish and put on medium heat. Fry steaks on both sides until golden brown.
- Fill the fish with sour cream, reduce the heat to a minimum, cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes. Then open the lid, turn on the heat and simmer the dish for another 5 minutes.
- After this time, serve the steaks on the table, decorating them with greens. Rice or boiled potatoes are perfect as a side dish. As you can see, cooking cod in the pan is easy.