How to cook celery?
Celery is a vegetable, all parts of which are eaten. Due to the nutritional value and the huge amount of vitamins, it has a beneficial effect on the human body. Contributes to the withdrawal of excess fluid, and with it, and salt - as a result improves the quality of blood, the kidneys, gall bladder, heart. Celery contains a large amount of fiber, while it is low-calorie. It is precisely because of the unusual taste and nutritional value that it is widely distributed throughout the world. In this article we will look at how to cook celery.
Celery Salad with Apples
Easy to prepare and low-calorie salad.
- 3 apples, it is better to take green ones;
- 150 grams of peeled shrimp;
- 2 celery stalks;
- homemade mayonnaise.
- Rinse the apples, get rid of the skin (optional, as it is quite useful), cut them into cubes.
- Boil the shrimp in boiling water for 5 minutes and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Celery stalks wash, peel and cut into small pieces.
- Make homemade mayonnaise. To do this you will need: yolks, mustard, salt, lemon juice, vegetable oil, spices. You can learn more about homemade mayonnaise here.
- Put all the ingredients in a deep bowl, season with mayonnaise, pepper, salt.
Optionally, add parsley.
Light pumpkin and celery cream soup
A great option for a spring snack.
- 300 grams of pumpkin;
- 4 celery stalks;
- 1 teaspoon olive oil;
- 300 ml chicken broth (or turkey broth);
- 1 small onion (optional);
- Peel the beets and chop finely.
- In a saucepan, boil water and dip a pumpkin into it, boil for half an hour.
- Peel the onion and chop it finely.
- Rinse the celery, peel and chop it as small as possible.
- When the pumpkin is ready, catch it out of the water and cool it a little.
- In a blender, put onion, celery, pumpkin, pour broth, salt and pepper.
- Grind everything until smooth and pour into the pan. Add olive oil and heat, not boiling.
You can spice up the soup with sour cream, nuts or drink it from a mug.
Fresh juice from celery and carrots
Useful vitamin juice, which will be relevant at any time of the year.
- 300 grams of large carrots;
- 3 celery stalks.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into circles.
- Rinse the celery, peel and cut into 5 cm pieces.
- turn on the juicer and alternately lower the celery pieces and carrots until they run out.
Drink cold juice for the first 20 minutes after preparation.
Celery Diet Chicken Soup
You can cook celery using its root, which gives a very pleasant taste to the broth. The recipe is suitable for food and adults, and children.
- 1 chicken breast fillet;
- 1 small onion;
- half celery root;
- 1 small carrot;
- half a cup of vermicelli;
- In cold water, lower the chicken fillet. After the fillet boils, remove the foam that has formed.
- Peel the onion and add to the chicken broth. Do the same with the celery root. Clean it and put in water.
- Rinse the carrots, peel them and finely grate.
- 20 minutes after you put onions, remove the chicken and cut it into small pieces, return it to the soup.
- Remove the onion and celery root and pour the vermicelli into the soup.
- After 5 minutes, add carrots, mix and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
When serving, sprinkle with finely chopped dill and / or parsley. Add sour cream.
Celery and Shrimp Sandwiches
- 5 multi grain breads;
- Homemade mayonnaise;
- 10 cherry tomatoes;
- 10 peeled king prawns;
- 5 sprigs of arugula;
- 5 sheets of lettuce;
- Put a leaf of lettuce on each loaf, spread a teaspoon of mayonnaise on top.
- Boil the shrimps in salted water for no more than 5 minutes, remove from the pan and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Cherry wash and cut in half, put on each loaf of 2 halves of cherry.
- Place two king prawns on top of the cherries, garnish with a sprig of arugula on top.
These sandwiches will be not only useful due to the large amount of fiber, but also very light and low-calorie.