How to cook beef tongue - step by step recipes
Cooking offers a large number of delicacies that can satisfy the gastronomic needs of any person. Among them is boiled beef tongue, which is easily chewed and incredibly tasty. The article on how to cook beef tongue will reveal the secret of making this extravagance.
Beef tongue in boiled form is served as a separate treat, added to snacks and cold dishes. It is found in salads and is used to make delicious sandwiches. It is not surprising that he is considered a universal product.
Cooking boiled beef tongue is simple, but time-consuming. Haste is inappropriate, otherwise the dish will be extremely tough. Cooking time is determined by the age of the animal whose language you decide to eat.
Cook beef tongue tasty and right
Practice shows that not every housewife agrees to cook this delicacy, considering the cooking process too complicated.In fact, even a novice will cope with the task.
If you plan to cook soup, pies, jellied or other dish from beef tongue, you will have to boil the ingredient initially.
Nowadays, cooks have access to a large number of recipes based on beef tongue. This product is included in their composition for a reason. It fits perfectly and adds to the complex treats expressive taste. But only under the condition that it was boiled correctly.
- Before cooking, I pour beef tongue with cold water for half an hour, which makes it easier to clean the dirt. Next, using a knife, remove the dirt, cut off the film and fat. Then, rinse under running water.
- I pour cold water into a large saucepan, put it on medium heat and wait for boiling. I use large dishes, as during cooking, the tongue swells and increases in size. In some cases, cut in half.
- I add fragrant pepper, parsley and laurel to the pan. These spices give a spicy taste and unique flavor. At the initial stage of cooking, I do not recommend adding salt, otherwise the delicacy will be tough.
- After boiling the liquid, I slightly reduce the heat and send my tongue to the pan. To make the broth transparent, and beef tongue soft and tender, boil it over medium heat and regularly remove the foam.
Duration of preparation is determined by the weight, size and age of the language. It usually takes 2-4 hours. Tongue weighing 1 kg boils for about 120 minutes, heavier - at least 3 hours.
- Check readiness with a kitchen knife or toothpick. Easy piercing and the appearance of clear juice indicates complete readiness. Check the readiness should be regularly, otherwise it will digest, lose taste and tenderness of the structure.
- After cooking, I move it into a container with cool water, which makes it easier to remove the skin. After this procedure, return it back with salt, chopped onions, carrot cubes and chopped greens. The product will reach readiness in 20 minutes.
If I am preparing a New Year's salad, I wait for it to cool down, and only after I cut my tongue into thin plates, straws or slices across the grain. If I plan to use it later, I wrap it in foil or cling film and send it to the fridge.
How to clean cooked beef tongue
Properly cooked, sliced thin slices, seasoned with spices, beef tongue is a real delicacy, characterized by delicious and tender pulp. To recreate a masterpiece at home, it is not necessary to be a kitchen genius. It is enough to know the subtleties of cooking and especially the cleaning of the welded tongue.
- Thoroughly washed tongue slightly beat off, put in a pot of lightly boiling water, add spices. The duration of cooking, as I said, on average 2-3 hours.
- To determine readiness using a knife, toothpick or fork. If it is possible to pry the skin with a fork and it moves away easily, it is time to get the tongue out of the broth.
- The finished product is cooled under running water or immersed in a bowl with ice-cold liquid. I shoot a white film in water. Sharp cooling will help to easily remove the film.
With this simple technique, you can easily remove the hard skin. After that, tender and fragrant flesh will be at your disposal. It can be eaten pure or used to make another edible masterpiece.
Calorie content100 grams of boiled beef tongue contains 90 kcal
At all times, properly cooked beef tongue was considered a true delicacy, which makes no sense to discuss the taste. I propose to consider the calorie content, which still raises a lot of questions among gourmets.
As far as I know, 100 grams of beef tongue is 9 percent of the calories of a person’s daily volume. In numbers, this is 170 kcal. According to chefs, the rate depends on beef and processing. Calorie in boiled form is 90 kcal.
Nutritionists believe this dish is the basis for the fight against obesity. The use of this wonderful product is welcomed by many highly effective diets.
Beef tongue cooking recipes
The issue of cooking usually interests housewives on the eve of a big holiday, as this product is a great appetizer when boiled. Remember that cooking requires a lot of time, and so that the delicacy has time for a feast, it is better to cook well in advance.
Boiled beef tongue is an excellent base for cold cuts, cold snacks or savory salads. Regardless of the dish, you first need to cook it. This will help the classic recipe.
- Beef tongue - 1 pc.
- Bow - 1 head.
- Carrot - 2 pcs.
- Laurel - 2 leaves.
- Pepper peas, salt.
- Soak my tongue in cold water for half an hour. Next, remove the dirt with a knife. At the end of the preparatory stage, I send the tongue to the pan, add water and put it on the stove.
- The first broth is drained after boiling, then pour clean water into the pan. As soon as it boils, reduce the heat and boil the tongue without adding salt. To make the pulp aromatic, I send bay leaf, peas and chopped vegetables to the tongue.
- With a weak boil I boil about 2.5 hours. Readiness check with a knife. If the blade easily enters, and a clear juice is extracted from the flesh, I take the pan off the stove. Salt tongue 20 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Lastly, I take the beef tongue out of the pan, cool it and clean it using the technology described above.
Boiled beef tongue in a slow cooker
Cooking in a slow cooker is much easier than in a saucepan. This high-tech device perfectly copes with the task, making life easier for cooks. The undeniable proof of this assertion was the recipe for boiled beef tongue in a slow cooker, which I set out below.
- Beef tongue - 1 pc.
- Bow - 1 head.
- Carrot - 1 pc.
- Garlic - 2 slices.
- Pepper peas, laurel.
- Water, salt.
- Beef tongue diligently washed, spread in the bowl multicooker and pour water so that the liquid completely covered him. Next, add the peeled vegetables as a whole, peppercorns and salt.
- Turn on steamer mode for ten minutes. After the program is completed, I open the slow cooker, remove the foam, close the lid and activate the extinguishing mode, setting the timer to 210 minutes.
- After the new signal, I remove the beef tongue from the multicooker, dip it in cold water, remove the film, cut it into portions and serve it to the table.
Boiled beef tongue in a pressure cooker
If a pressure cooker is available, it can be used to prepare a nutritious, tasty and dietary dish - beef tongue. I think you did not have to try a more fragrant delicacy.
- Beef tongue - 1 pc.
- Bow - 1 head.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Celery - 1 pc.
- Water - 1 liter.
- Spices, salt.
- Beef tongue washed, spread in a pressure cooker tank, add chopped vegetables, water and salt.
- I close the lid, activate the mode of languor for a half hour. Big beef tongue is cooked in a pressure cooker for 2 hours.
- I take the prepared tongue out of the device, cool it slightly, remove the skin and serve it to the table, after cutting it into slices.
I'll pay a little attention to the flow. Some cooks, before serving, warm up the chopped tongue in white or red sauce, while others serve it with sour cream sauce. In general, you can just sprinkle it with melted butter. The main thing is to cut just before serving, otherwise thin slices will quickly dry.
It is customary to garnish with boiled potatoes and vegetables, boiled legumes, rice and other crumbly cereals. Boiled tongue looks good as a separate snack. It is cut into slices and eaten with croutons or fresh bread, seasoned with grated horseradish.
Grandma Emma's video recipe
The benefits and harms boiled beef tongue
The considered delicacy is on the list of valuable by-products, and even the most sophisticated gourmets appreciate treats based on it. As you understand, beef tongue is a muscle in the shell, so the harm manifests itself only because of the peculiarities of health and individual intolerance.
- No connective tissue, with the result that it is well absorbed.It is recommended to use for people with gastritis, anemia or a stomach ulcer.
- Beef tongue improves insulin production, which makes life easier for people with diabetes. Insulin regulates glucose levels.
- Source of vitamins. Vitamin B improves the condition of the skin and hair, vitamin PP helps to fight insomnia.
- Beef tongue is especially useful for people after surgery and for pregnant women. It nourishes the body with missing microelements.
The use of the product is due to the enviable content of useful elements - molybdenum, sulfur, chromium, phosphorus. Constant use improves the functioning of organs, helps the normal development of the body, stimulates the production of amino acids and hormones that positively affect the nerves.
Doctors managed to thoroughly study the benefits of the product, but they did not leave any harm without attention. Let's consider cases when the use of beef tongue is contraindicated or undesirable.
- A lot of fat. Harm can occur when overeating. In irregular quantities it has a bad effect on the work of the kidneys and liver. Extremely cautious it should be the elderly.
- Due to the low calorie content, it is recommended for people seeking to lose weight.Eat only in the absence of asthma, allergic rhinitis and thyroid problems. In addition to the language, the diet should include vegetables and greens. It is not recommended to combine with fruit.
- Harmful if it contains antibiotics, pesticides, hormones and supplements. By choosing and purchasing a delicacy to take seriously.
There is a way to reduce the level of harm to the product. It provides for the removal of the shell during the cooking process, and not after completion. If there are problems listed above, it is necessary to use delicacy as carefully as possible and in small quantities. Ideally, consult a doctor about this.