How to cook baklava?
Baklava is cooked in all eastern countries, every nation has its own national recipe for this delicacy. How to cook baklava at home? We offer you to master the recipe of the famous Turkish baklava, the Bulgarian version of this dish and the recipe of baklava from ready-made puff pastry.
To make Turkish baklava, you need the following ingredients:
- 1 kg. flour;
- 1 kg. butter;
- 3 eggs;
- 400 g crushed pistachios;
- salt to taste
- 2 kg. Sahara;
- half a lemon;
- 1.5 liters water.
- Mix the sifted flour with salt, add eggs and water to it and knead the dough.
- We melt butter, and from water, sugar and lemon we cook syrup.
- Pan grease with butter. Turn on the oven and let it warm up to 180-210 ° С.
- Divide the dough into small pieces (about 40 pieces). Each piece of dough is rolled out into a layer as thick as a paper sheet.
- We lay layers on a baking sheet on top of each other, sprinkling each layer of crushed nuts.
- Cut the baklava into pieces (traditionally for diamonds) and pour with melted butter.
- Put the baklava in the oven and bake about 40 minutes. Remove the finished baklava from the oven and soak it in syrup.
Puff baklava in Bulgarian
- 750 g of flour;
- 50 g yeast;
- 1 tbsp. water;
- 2 yolks;
- 200 g of ghee.
- 300 g of crushed walnuts;
- 300 g of sugar;
- 3 g of cardamom.
- 150 g of honey;
- 100 g of ghee.
- Dilute the yeast with water and pour into a bowl. Gradually sprinkle the flour, stirring the dough with a spoon.
- Well knead the dough with your hands for 15 minutes. Cover with a towel and leave for 40 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 14 parts, roll them into layers and grease with melted butter.
- C oil a baking sheet, put three layers on it (stacked) and pour a layer of 1/5 of the nuts mixed with sugar and cardamom on top.
- We lay four layers on each other. For the formation of one layer lay the layer of dough, then another layer, on top - the filling.
- We cover with another layer of three layers of dough (without filling) and grease the top of the baklava with egg yolk.
- We cut (without cutting to the end) the future baklava with diamonds and send it to the oven heated to 180-200 ° C.
- After 10 minutes of baking, pour with ghee and continue to bake for another 20 minutes.
- Pour hot cooked baklava along the cut lines with melted honey and leave to cool.
Baklava from the finished puff pastry
- 3 sheets of puff pastry;
- 300 g crushed walnuts;
- 3 egg whites;
- 1 yolk;
- 1 tbsp. Sahara;
- 50 g of butter;
- 50 g. Honey.
- For the filling, beat the whites in a thick foam and mix them with sugar and nuts.
- We spread on the baking sheet the first sheet of dough and spread it with half of the prepared filling.
- Cover with a second layer of dough and again smear the filling.
- Put on top of the third layer of dough and grease it with yolk
- We cut the baklava with diamonds, as in the previous recipe, and set in an oven preheated to 200 ° C for 10 minutes.
- After that, pour the hot baklava with honey, melted with butter.
- Again, send the baklava in the oven for 10 minutes and bake until golden brown.