How to cook a turkey?
Turkey meat contains many nutrients that are quickly absorbed. For this reason, it makes sense to cook this bird once a week. To cook a turkey, you do not need to have culinary talents, because there are simple dishes that even an inexperienced hostess can master. You will find several recipes below.
How can I cook a turkey in a slow cooker?
You can cook a turkey in a slow cooker, its meat will be juicy and very tasty. So, you need the following ingredients:
- 1 kg of turkey;
- 1 kg of potatoes;
- dried parsley root;
- 2 bay leaves;
- 500 ml of water or broth.
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- Rinse the turkey under running water, divide into portions. Peel potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Put the turkey in a slow cooker, then place the sliced potatoes. Pepper, salt, add bay leaf, parsley root.
- Fill the multicooker with boiled water or broth. Put the mode "Quenching". Everything has to be prepared for 2 hours. Decorate with greens before serving.
Very tasty turkey in the oven. The recipe for cooking this dish you will find in our article - How to cook a turkey in the oven.
How can you make turkey steak in a pan?
You can also cook a turkey breast steak. This dish is low-calorie, so it is suitable for those who watch their figure. The following ingredients are required for steaks:
- 500 g turkey fillet (breast);
- 10 g butter;
- 20 ml of vegetable oil;
- salt, pepper, paprika, curry - to taste.
- Rinse the breast, remove the film and cut into steaks. Mix together all the spices, rub the meat with them and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Take a frying pan with a thick bottom, heat the butter and vegetable oil. Put the steaks in a frying pan, fry for 5 minutes, turning over from time to time. Then reduce the heat to low, cover the pan with the lid and cook steaks for another 5 minutes.
- After this time, turn off the heat, cover the pan with foil and leave the meat to reach 7 minutes. Serve with any side dish.
As you can see, cooking turkey meat is easy. You can find more recipes for cooking this bird fillet in our article - How to cook turkey fillet.
How can I cook turkey leg?
If you bought turkey drumsticks at the store, they can be cooked in a sauce. This will require the following products:
- 4 shins;
- 1 onion;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 300 ml of water or broth;
- 250 ml of cream;
- 100 grams of olives;
- 20 g of mustard;
- 30 ml of vegetable oil;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- Wash your shins, put them in a frying pan and fry until golden brown in butter. After that, transfer them to the cauldron or utyatnitsa.
- Cut the onion into rings, olives into 2 parts, crush the garlic. Mix all the vegetables in a container, add spices, mustard, cover with water and mix.
- Pour the sauce into the meat dish and simmer under the lid for 1.5 hours. This can be done both in the oven and on gas. Ready shins should stand for 20 minutes, after which they can be served.
In this recipe, you can also cook turkey wings.