How to connect to a remote desktop?
Technology has reached the point that right from home you can work with all network resources, files and programs of your office work computer. To be able to do this, you just need to know how to connect to a remote desktop (the remote one, that is, located at a certain distance, is distant from you). We will tell you how to do this, and what conditions are necessary for this.
Remote Desktop: Access Conditions
- So, there are two computers, each of which is running the Windows operating system and connected to the Internet, otherwise it will not work, since you can connect to the remote desktop only if this condition is met.
- The computer to which you wish to connect must at that moment work and be connected to the network.
- On the computer to which you are connecting, the permission to connect to the remote desktop (remote desktop mode) must be configured.
- You, as a user who wants to connect, for example, to your office computer, should have network access to this computer, as well as permission to connect. The permission to connect means that you are in the list of users. Next, we describe how to add users to this list.
Remote computer: add users
- Above, we have already said that it is necessary to be in the list of users, since you can connect to a remote desktop only if this condition is met. How to add users to the list?
- On the Start menu, select Control Panel. Further - “System and its maintenance” and SYSTEM (“system”).
- Click “Remote Access Settings” and find “Remote Desktop”, where you can select one of the 3 parameters. Perhaps the system will ask for an administrator password, enter it.
- Then click "Select users". If the current account automatically adds a remote user, you can skip the next two steps.
- Before you is a dialog box where you need to click "Users of the remote desktop" and then - "Add."
- Before you the dialog box "Select users or groups", where you do the following:
- click "Placement" and specify the place of search;
- in the window “Enter the names of the objects to be selected” enter the name of the required user and confirm with “OK”. The name will appear in the "Remote Desktop Users" dialog box.
Connect to a remote computer
Now directly on how to connect to the desktop remote from you.
- You need to find the “Remote Desktop Connection” tab. To do this, click "Start", then - "All programs" (or "Programs") - "Standard". There will be a required label. You can do it faster by typing in the search field “Start” menu - “mstsc”.
- In the “Computer” field you need to enter the name of the computer to which you are connecting or its ip-address and then click “Connect”.
Remember that it is impossible to connect to a computer that is in sleep mode. Make sure that the settings of the remote computer is “Never” for hibernation (or hibernation).