How to connect Apple tv?
Watch the video
Apple TV is a set-top box from Apple, which allows you to play content from the iTunes store on your TV screen, as well as from Mac computers and iOS devices.
This article will explain how to connect and configure Apple TV.
Contents of delivery
The Apple TV comes with a set-top box, a power cable and an Apple Remote.
What is required in addition?
To connect and configure the console, you will additionally need an HDMI cable or a component video cable in combination with an analog or optical audio cable.
In addition, you must, of course, have access to a wireless network and an account in the iTunes Store.
- MAC OS X 10.4.7 and later or Windows XP and above;
- iTunes 7.6 or later.
Apple TV connectors
- USB port - required for service and diagnostics;
- power port;
- Ethernet port;
- HDMI port;
- component video ports;
- analog audio ports;
- optical digital audio port - used to connect to a home theater receiver that is equipped with an optical digital audio port.
Refer to the figure for port locations.
If your TV is equipped with an HDMI port, then all you need is to connect the HDMI port of the TV with the HDMI port of Apple TV. Do not forget to also connect the power cable.
Connection via component video cable
If there is no HDMI port, everything will look a bit more complicated:
- Connect the green, blue and red connectors of the component video cable on one side to the Y, Pb and Pr connectors on the TV, respectively, and connectors on the other side of the cable to the corresponding Apple TV jacks.
- Connect the set-top box’s audio ports with an analog or optical audio cable to the corresponding ports on the TV.
- Connect the power cable.
- Go to the "Network Settings" section of the console, select your network from the list.
- Enter the network password (if available).
- Specify the IP address, subnet mask, router, and DNS server address.
- Save changes - contact will be established in a couple of minutes.
Setup via Ethernet cable
If you provide access to the network through an Ethernet cable, no additional configuration is required.
Sync with iTunes
- Open iTunes on your PC.
- Click on the Apple TV icon and click on the "Click to configure" item, the automatic setup will start.
- At the request of the auto-customizer, enter the 5-digit password that should have appeared on the TV screen after setting up the network.
- Give the network name Apple TV.
- Save the settings.
That's all, more detailed information about setting up and troubleshooting you can read in numerous instructions to Apple TV, which can be downloaded from the company.