How to connect a video card to a computer?
Watch the video
The computer unit consists of many parts thanks to which it works. The huge role is played by the processor, random access memory and the video card which is necessary for display on the screen of the image, reproduction of movies and computer games.
However, many people do not know how you can independently connect the video card to a computer so that it does not burn out and works well. Consider this process in more detail below.
How to connect a GeForce video card
There are not so many card manufacturers in the world. These are mainly two top companies ATI and GeForce. Both video cards are connected using the same simple scheme. Let's take a closer look at the process of connecting the GeForce video card:
- First you need to get rid of the drivers of the previous video card. Go to the device manager through the Control Panel. We find our video card in the list and click “Properties” in the context menu. In the "Driver" tab, click on the "Delete" button and wait for the process to complete.
- After removing the drivers, turn off the computer from the power supply and open the unit.
- Carefully disconnect the old video card from the slot and replace it with a new one.
- We close the block, connect the computer to the network and start it.
- The video card is inserted into the slot and should work, but you still need to install the drivers, which can be found on the manufacturer’s website or on the video card drive. The computer will not see the video card until you install the driver. In addition, the video card will not work correctly.
After all actions are completed, the video card will work correctly and the computer will determine it correctly, which means it can be used.