How to configure the enhanced security configuration settings in IE?
The browser is the most popular waymalware penetration on the computer. And to reduce the likelihood of infection, it is necessary to keep the protection settings at the highest level. It should be remembered that although the inclusion of the enhanced security configuration and reduces the likelihood of unpleasant consequences when using the browser, there is still a human factor. How to minimize it, will be told at the end of the article, in the recommendations.
What is the configuration of enhanced security?
What is it? The main goal that is pursued with the inclusion of the enhanced security configuration is to reduce the risk of attacking the server (alas, does not give a 100% guarantee). When configuring, it is necessary to take into account a number of aspects, choosing the level of protection.
- High level of security.In this mode, it is possible to display incorrectlypages or applications, but at the same time the probability of successful introduction of a malicious program from the Internet (using a browser) is reduced by blocking potential sources of infection.
- The average level of security.It is recommended to install for those sites,which you trust, and in the work of which there were no flaws. If you are asked to add a resource on which you are the first time, do not settle. This includes the domains from the section "Trusted sites".
- The security level is below average.Used for content received fromlocal network. You only need to install it for what you trust. If you use this level in the browser when you re-request the login and password, they will be sent automatically.
How to add a site to the list of trusted resources?
If you think that some resource deservesmore trust, you can add it to the list of trusted sites so that it can be fully displayed. To do this, perform several actions in the following order:
- Go to the site.
- Double-click the security zone name in the status bar.
- Select Trusted Sites, and then click the Sites button.
- Click the "Add" button and enter the domain.
- Reload the resource page and enjoy the result.
Applying Enhanced Security Configuration for Network Management for Individual User Groups
And what to do if restrictions are necessary, butonly for a separate group of users? To configure the enhanced security configuration for them, you need to do the following:
- Log on as an administrator on a certain computer.
- Go to the control panel.
- Find the "Add or Remove Programs" window, and select "Install Windows Components" here.
- In front of the "Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration" check box, then click the "Details" button.
- Select the group of users for which these settings are active and click on the "OK" button.
- Click on "Next", then on "Done".
- Restart the browser for the settings to take effect.
Disabling Enhanced Security ConfigurationInternet Explorer should be done just like the inclusion, but with a small difference. In step 4, you need to clear the checkbox. To select which users will be affected by the security enhancement configuration restriction, you can pre-register these people in a specially created group.
Browser Security Best Practices
The installation of the enhanced security configuration provides software protection, but much depends on the human factor. And in this connection I want to give some advice:
- Use the server to view the contents of network resources is not recommended.
- Download drivers and service packs is necessary, resorting to the help of client computers.
- Do not browse sites that are not safe.
- For routine work, use restricted records so that no program can be installed and registered in registers.
- For limitations on the ability to make changes to the computer, use Group Policy.