How to clean white sneakers
White sneakers and sneakers are a permanent fashion trend. New white shoes attract the eyes of others, but in urban settings, after a few weeks, the color loses its former attractiveness, becoming covered with a layer of dirt and dust. It’s not an easy task to keep such shoes in their original form, but there are proven ways to help clean white sneakers without time and money.
Safety and precautions
- Wear rubber gloves to protect your hands from aggressive cleaning products.
- Before applying the product to the surface of the shoe, conduct a test on a small area to avoid damage to your favorite pair of sneakers.
- Can not be used for cleaning sneakers chemistry used for bleaching plumbing. It is too aggressive, and often contains chlorine, which is detrimental to any material.
- In order to avoid deformation of the product, after cleaning, wait until it dries itself, without the use of heaters.Even in the sun, shoes are better not to leave.
We clean white sneakers from cloth folk remedies
XXI century brought a lot of new products that simplify life. However, many hostesses resort to the help of time-tested vintage recipes. This is largely due to their efficiency and affordability: the methods have been tested by generations, and the most affordable products are used to implement them. To return the white cleanliness to white sneakers or sneakers, you need to go to the nearest supermarket and pharmacy.
Soda and hydrogen peroxide
Soda and hydrogen peroxide will become a magic wand for owners of white fabric shoes. Conventional products in combination become effective in combating hateful dirt.
For work you will need:
- Hydrogen peroxide - 0.5 st. l
- Baking soda - 1 tbsp. l
- Water - 0.5 st. l
The ingredients are mixed in a bowl until a homogeneous slurry is formed, which is evenly applied to the stains in 1 layer. Leave the mixture on the sneakers for 1 minute and process with the help of an old toothbrush: do not put much effort, this is the first cleaning step that will remove the main dirt from the surface.
For perfect whiteness, the mixture is applied in 2 layers on the entire outer surface of the shoe. In this form, leave the sneakers in the sun for at least 3 hours. Hydrogen peroxide with soda will react under the influence of light. When the mixture is completely dry and cracked, it is sufficient to remove it with a dry brush. Whiteness will be dazzling.
If the mixture remains in the bowl, put the laces in it to bleach this part.
Toothpaste can be found in any home. In addition to the direct destination, the paste perfectly copes with soiling of shades of black and gray. To clean, start a special toothbrush - a soft, with a short even pile. Apply the paste to the dirt, and rub the stain with a toothbrush. Remove residues with a damp sponge.
Lemon is a recognized bleaching tool. In lower concentrations, lemon juice is even used for the face. In addition, the method has a pleasant smell - citrus freshness will remain after cleaning.
For the recipe you will need:
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice - 2 tbsp. l
- Water - 2 tbsp. l
Mix the ingredients and apply to the stain with a napkin, gently wipe the fabric. This will help get rid of old stains that are not scrubbed in other ways.Note, lemon juice is quite aggressive and is not suitable for frequent use.
Cleaning white sneakers household chemicals
Household chemicals - a great helper in maintaining cleanliness in the house and in the wardrobe.
The inhabitant of the cosmetic shelf of the modern girl will remove not only cosmetics from her face, but also spots with white shoes. Using a cotton pad, spread water over the stain and rub it. The method will not cope with the "difficult" spots, but fresh pollution of micellar water is on the shoulder.
Using a brush, collect enough soap and rub sneakers. Thoroughly rinse off residual foam with clean water.
Household bleaches and stain removers marked "Oxi"
Means act delicately without damaging the fibers of the fabric. It is usually sold in powder form. Using the instructions on the package, dilute the product in the required amount of water and apply for 15-20 minutes on the outer surface. After that, wash the chemistry.
If the contamination is strong or old, make a less concentrated solution and put sneakers into it for 3-4 hours. After this, the stains are easier to remove with the usual dosage of detergent.
How to clean the sole of sneakers
The sole is the most difficult place to clean, while it is subject to the greatest number of tests. The dirtiest work falls on the soles, therefore this zone is given increased attention. Otherwise, all efforts to create an immaculate image will be in vain.
- Perfectly scrubs pollution eraser, which students remove blots in notebooks. To remove stains from the sole, rub the contaminated area with the eraser.
- Melamine sponges - guests shelves in hardware stores, perfectly clean the sole to the original color.
- If the sole has turned yellow with time, an inexpensive nail polish remover will help to return the former whiteness. Apply the product on a cotton pad and rub the problem areas properly. Depending on the initial state of the sole, several sessions may be necessary.
- Toothpaste will cope not only with the surface of the fabric of sneakers, but also with the sole. Using a toothbrush, spread it over the surface and rub it. After the procedure, rinse the sole under running water.
How to clean suede and leather sneakers
Branded sneakers made of leather and suede - an expensive thing that requires careful care. If you chose a white shoe color, you only get more trouble.However, if you clean properly, it does not take much time and effort, and the shoes will delight you for many years of impeccable service.
Before wearing, it is recommended to wax the skin, and nubuck and suede - with a protective spray. Such a simple technique will create a protective barrier on the fabric that prevents the penetration of dirt. This procedure is recommended after each wet cleaning of the product.
For white suede, special care tools are sold. Rubber brushes with a short bristle will perfectly cope with the application of cleaning products and leveling shallow scratches.
More problems are caused by white leather sneakers, which need daily cleaning, polishing with cream and conditioning. If you plan to run in places where there is no asphalt - it is better to choose products from a different color.
- Unscrew the sneakers and remove the largest contaminants with a solution of soapy water before thoroughly cleaning the stains.
- If you had to walk in white sneakers in the mud, wait for it to dry completely, and then clean off.
- To prevent the sole from becoming soiled, coat it with colorless nail polish.Several layers of lacquer will also save this area from damage.
- If you are worried about the smell of shoes, use a natural flavor: orange peel, placed inside, perfectly deodorizes.
- To dry the sneakers, place them inside the newspaper - this is how they will keep their shape, and the paper will absorb the remaining moisture.
Following these simple tips, it will be possible to maintain the snow-white whiteness of sneakers at home. Small efforts are worth admiring glances aimed at your shoes. Remember: make cleaning at least once a week, it will save from old stains, which are much more difficult to clean than fresh ones.