How to clean the pan from the scale at home
Many housewives face a problem when, due to constant use, kitchen utensils lose their original appearance. This is due to the appearance on the inner and outer walls of the soot utensils. And most of all, he is interested in how to clean the pan from carbon in the home.
This development of events is not to their liking, because no one wants to part with their favorite kitchen assistants. An important role in this matter is played by cleanliness in the kitchen, since well-groomed dishes are the business card of any cook. This article is useful to housewives who want to put the pan in order.
Nagar - a collection of old grease and soot. Under the influence of high temperatures, this tandem releases carcinogens that harm human health. With further use of such dishes cooked food in it slowly destroys the health of family members.
The results of numerous studies have shown that old fat in combination with soot and soot is a springboard for the development of cancer.Their effects on the body are represented by abnormalities in the function of internal organs and slow intoxication. Therefore, to leave the problem without attention is not worth it.
Proper cleaning of the pan from carbon provides a competent choice of cleaning agent, taking into account the material from which the product is made. For cooking housewives use cast iron, aluminum, ceramic and teflon dishes. Each of these types requires an appropriate cleaning method. The use of improper means is fraught with damage to the working surface of the product.
Safety and precautions
Before proceeding to the consideration of effective ways to clean the pan from the scale at home, let's talk about safety measures. Often it is impossible to eliminate pollution without the help of a cleaning agent. And in the composition of the products of the chemical industry are substances that are useful for the body can not be called. Therefore, when performing work on cleaning the pan, follow these rules.
- Wash the dishes with rubber gloves. Sold a variety of models differing in size, thickness of rubber and the presence of the inner fabric layer.
- When using purchased chemicals do not forget about the respirator. If not, use a multi-layer fabric bandage. Remember, aggressive substances in the composition of cleaning agents affect not only the dishes, but also your respiratory organs.
- During the procedure with the use of chemistry in the air will appear undesirable impurities. Therefore it is recommended to clean the dishes in a ventilated area.
- If there are children or pets in the house, take care that they do not visit the kitchen during the procedure.
By listening to these recommendations, protect your hands, lungs, and stomach from adverse effects. And this is important, because the scale in the pan compared with the health - a mere trifle.
Purchased chemistry against soot
The chemical industry is not in place, so the hostesses have access to a wide range of tools, focused on the fight against soot and old fat. Such products are very effective and help to quickly remove plaque.
For many years, the use of household chemicals to combat the soot of the hostess by trial and experiment have identified the means that provide the best result.We are talking about the cleaning compositions “Mr. Muskul”, “Schumann”, “AmWay”, “Frosch”, “Helper” and “Oxyday”.
These products provide the best result, subject to the instructions on the package. The principle of work is painfully simple: the solution is applied to the surface of the pan, wait several hours, after which it is removed with a kitchen sponge.
Despite its high efficiency, household chemicals have several serious drawbacks. These products are toxic and carry a potential health hazard, and cleaning the pan should be done with rubber gloves in a room with open windows.
The disadvantages of purchased chemistry are well known to housewives, so many prefer folk remedies, which, with the right approach, provide a similar result, but are safer. About them will be discussed further.
Folk remedies against soot
A good frying pan is an indispensable thing, which with proper care and careful handling serves more than one year and pleases with seven wonderful dishes. And because when cooking on the surface appears soot, the housewives have come up with many ways to safely clean the pan.Consider the popular techniques. For convenience, we divide the pans into categories depending on the material of manufacture.
Non-stick frying pan
Cleaning the pan with a non-stick coating requires the most cautious approach. One wrong move and damage appears on the surface, causing the dishes to become unusable.
- Dishwasher. Modern household appliances support a function that easily copes with burned fat at the initial stage. If we are talking about a ceramic product with a non-stick coating, a liquid agent is used for cleaning in order to avoid scratches. Powder products are not suitable.
- Digestion. Digestion with a solution consisting of 3 liters of water, 50 grams of soda ash and a glass of detergent helps to cope with soot in such a pan. Dip a frying pan into a container with a solution, boil for half an hour over medium heat, and then wipe the surface with a soft sponge.
- Coca Cola. This method has proven its effectiveness in practice repeatedly. To remove carbon deposits, pour a little carbonated drink into the pan and boil for half an hour. To remove carbon from the outside, boil the pan in a drink.
Regardless of which of the above methods you give preference, the pan will return to its former attractiveness and purity.
Teflon coated pan
Under the condition of improper operation, carbon deposits appear on the surface of the pan with a teflon coating, which negates all the advantages. The problem is aggravated by the fact that mechanical methods are not suitable for cleaning such a product. How to be? There are several solutions.
- Soaking. The method is suitable for removing slightly compacted carbon. Dip the product in a container with hot water and leave overnight. In the morning without much effort, clean the pan from carbon.
- Food baking powder. Comes to the rescue in the case of old pollution. Mix two tablespoons of powder with a glass of water. Pour the resulting solution into a frying pan, put on the stove and boil. When the liquid has cooled, remove the carbon with a sponge.
- Soda and detergent. To eliminate old stains, mix a glass of detergent with three tablespoons of soda and dilute with three liters of water. Immerse the pan in the resulting composition and boil for half an hour. When the liquid has cooled, wipe the surface of the pan with a sponge.By the way, chopped soap is a great alternative to detergent.
- Lemon acid. Type in a large pot of water, add a bag of citric acid, lower the product and boil for a third of an hour. After a time, leave the pan in the solution until the liquid cools. After walking on the surface of the foam sponge.
As for the outer part, everything is easier here, since the surface is less delicate. Purchase of chemicals in the form of a gel or cream is ideal for eliminating pollution.
Old cast iron pan with strong soot
The appearance of soot on the surface of a cast iron pan is inevitable, especially if the dishes are used regularly. Fortunately, to clean the kitchen assistant, made of this metal, the easiest way. And for many years of operation of such utensils, many ways of cleaning appeared.
- Lemon acid. Pour water into a saucepan, add citric acid at the rate of 1 tablespoon per liter of liquid and boil the dishes in the resulting mixture for at least 15 minutes. Then gently scrape carbon or remove with a cleaning sponge.
- Activated carbon. The use of pharmaceuticals - one of the simplest and most accessible ways.Moisten the surface of the pan and sprinkle with activated carbon powder, obtained by crushing the tablets. After an hour, wash using household chemicals.
- Vinegar. Mix vinegar with water in a ratio of 1 to 3, pour the solution into the frying pan, boil over low heat and boil for 3 hours. During this time, all the pollution will easily go. In order not to get poisoned by the vines of vinegar, spend the procedure in a ventilated room.
- Sand. Pour some sand into the pan and place it on the stove. Turn on the minimum fire. After 2 hours, pour out the sand and rinse the product with water. Additional cleaning is not required. I advise you only to carry out the procedure in the open air, as hot sand gives off an unpleasant smell.
- Blowtorch. Light a lamp and direct the flame to the pan. After a minute, the carbon itself will fall off. I do not advise you to purge this way in the house, because jokes with fire are bad.
If you do not shy away from more radical methods, use a drill with a metal nozzle. By making quick and easy movements, clean the surface effortlessly. This way I recommend cleaning in the garage, but not in the kitchen.
Aluminum frying pan
Return the original appearance of the aluminum pan is more difficult than cast iron. This metal is not friendly with aggressive household chemicals and powder cleaners. You can solve the problem in the following way.
- Pour 10 liters of water into a large container, add 500 grams of soda ash, 100 grams of office glue and shredded bar of laundry soap. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Dip a frying pan into the solution and boil for half an hour, then leave in the liquid until the morning. Finally rinse with water and wipe with a cloth.
For cleaning an aluminum pan, abrasives - a metal brush, salt or sand - are suitable from the outside. If scratches appear on the surface during cleaning, polish the device with soda.
A ceramic product is demanding in the care, and the removal of old contaminations is time consuming, therefore it is recommended to clean it in a timely manner. If a problem occurs, the following remedies will help.
- Medical alcohol. Most effective in the fight against minor pollution. Moisten a cotton pad with medical alcohol and wipe the surface of the pan, then rinse with water.
- Digestion. For complex cleaning, pour water into the pan, add detergent, lower the pan and boil 30 minutes. After the time has elapsed, rinse with water.
Sold a variety of detergents for ceramic dishes that easily cope with soot. And although their cost is high, compared with the price of a new dish it is a penny. According to online reviews, they recommend the tool Organics or Frosch.
Having gotten rid of soot on the surface of the pan, I advise you to take several preventive measures that will help prevent the occurrence of pollution in the future.
- Clean the surface of dishes from all sides immediately upon completion of cooking, without waiting for complete cooling.
- If you wash the pan in the dishwasher, do a manual cleaning once a month. With the naked eye, you will easily notice the appearance of burning at the initial stage and easily eliminate it.
- Try to use scouring powders, iron sponges and other scraping improvised means less often. This will reduce the likelihood of scratches.
- If a new frying pan has arrived in your arsenal, be sure to treat the inside surface with sunflower oil before use,then wash with detergent.
- Regardless of the material, use a plastic or wooden spatula during cooking. If more like pliers, choose a device with protection at the ends.
Now you know all the subtleties of cleaning pans from carbon in the home and how to prevent its occurrence. Try to prevent such contamination from appearing on the surface of the dishes, as this spoils the appearance of the utensils and is harmful to health. Good luck!