How to cheat GLONASS?
The main task of GLONASS in monitoring transport is to reduce the cost of fuel and optimize logistic schemes. However, the owner of motor transport does not receive the greatest fuel savings thanks to some “optimization”, but due to the fact that monitoring allows you to track fuel drains and stop the “leftists”. The response of drivers to this is a desire to outwit GLONASS. In this article we will talk about how to deceive GLONASS and whether it is possible to do it.
Attempts of such deception are, in fact, in the following:
- need to hide the movement of vehicles;
- need to hide the fuel drain.
In the 1st case, you need to work on navigation equipment, in the 2nd - on fuel meters.
Cheating navigation equipment
In order to block the transfer of information about the movement of vehicles, drivers come up with various ways to deceive GPS GLONASS. There are ways quite barbaric - damage to equipment, and more advanced, with the use of additional equipment.
- Damage to the GLONASS antenna.Drivers can damage the cable, puncturing the insulation with a needle and breaking the wiring. But it is easily detected, and sanctions for sabotage may be imposed. Some, in general, simply cut the cable, arguing that the cable is frayed or broken. But such methods are completely useless in such terminals that receive signals without an antenna.
- GLONASS antenna shielding. They are trying to shield it with metal, wrapping it in a sheet of foil. They are also trying to disrupt the reception of a signal with a magnet. But these attempts, as a rule, are unsuccessful.
- Attempts to influence the GSM antenna are absolutely useless. The terminal still continues to collect information about the movement. The operators determine the car that stopped giving the signal and conduct an inspection. As soon as the connection is restored, the route information is transmitted to the destination.
- The shielding of the GLONASS terminal with metal sheets is a completely useless exercise. The antenna cables are not damaged.
- Disconnection from the onboard power supply network of the terminal. Drivers believe that this will allow them to save themselves from all the problems with navigation.The terminal is still checked and returned to the system. In addition, the terminals can be equipped with their own batteries and will continue to fix the way for several hours after the power supply is cut off.
- Damage or removal of the SIM card. Advanced drivers understand that once the messages about the movement of the car are transmitted via the GSM channel, it means that there is a SIM card in the terminal and, if it is pulled out or damaged, the signal will not be transmitted. But the information about the movement will continue to accumulate, and after the restoration of communication will be transmitted to the address.
- GPS GLONASS jammers. Perhaps the most intelligent way to deceive the GLONASS system. He sends a message to the control center that the satellite signal has been lost. But if such a signal is lost quite often on one machine, then this, of course, will arouse suspicion. And then, such a jammer is capable of blocking one frequency, and, in case the terminal is dual-system, it is necessary to have two.
Cheating fuel meters
Fuel meters are of three types:
Flowing in winter they create a lot of problems for drivers, so they mainly use submersible and ultrasonic meters. Their task is to estimate the amount of fuel in the tank.
- Cheating ultrasound counter. Install them under the tank, and they register with the help of ultrasound the fuel level. Disable it can be an electric shock. But it immediately shows up. A more sophisticated method is invented. A magnet is attached to the meter body. The voltage in the meter rises, and as a result it shows inaccurate information - a decrease and increase during the movement of the fuel level. The owner of the transport loses confidence in the testimony of such a counter and the way for fraud is open.
- Cheating submersible counter. They look like a tube vertically mounted inside the tank. It is very reliable and determines the level of fuel very accurately. Such a meter is resistant to current and is not afraid of water. Drivers are trying to water it with hot water in the cold, but this does not lose its efficiency. Therefore, the only method to deceive GLONASS and violate the meter readings, but not to damage its efficiency, is to bend the tube inside the tank.