How to beat the bat?
A bat is a sports apparatus, with the help of which the players beat off the filed ball. Games that use bat are, for example, baseball, lapta, cricket. In different sports, the bits have a different shape, differ in size, material, as well as the method of striking the ball. The choice of the beats is an important point for each striker, you need to choose it depending on your physical strength and on parameters such as height and weight. Athletes know how to beat a bat. Let's find out and we!
- Rack. First and foremost, you need to take the right stand. It is individual for everyone, should be comfortable and easy to maintain balance. The knees in the rack should be slightly bent, the shoulders perpendicular to the floor. The head should not bend forward much. The bat should be held with two hands, tightly connecting the brush. The brushes should not be relaxed, otherwise the blow will not be hard enough.
- Beating. The bat must go to the ball along the shortest path, and the striker’s hands must be above this path.Do as little extra movement as possible, otherwise you risk not getting hit by the ball. The striker must understand that the force of the blow is not the main thing. Much more important is speed and reaction. Another thing that speaks of good technology is the timely transfer of the center of gravity of the body during a strike on the ball. The main thing is not to lose balance. Legs should always be in good shape. Timely torsion of the hips and shoulders creates centrifugal force, which gives the bit maximum speed when hitting the ball.
Here is a brief description of how to beat the bat. Let's talk more about the differences between bits in various sports:
- The bat for the Russian lapta should be all-wood, flat, without additional winding. The length is still 60-110 cm. The end of the handle has a slight thickening. Bit weight should not be more than 1500 grams.
- The baseball bat has the shape of a round rod in section. Bat evenly thickens. The greatest thickening is in the part used to strike the ball. The player holds the sports equipment for the thinnest place. The dimensions of the baseball bat are 42 inches (106.7 cm) in length and 2.75 inches (7 cm) in cross-sectional diameter.For manufacturing use ash, oak, maple, birch. In amateur sports it is allowed to use bits from metal (aluminum alloys).
- A cricket bat is shaped like a blade, on the one hand it is flat, and on the other it has a triangular protrusion. A cylindrical handle typically has a rubber or fabric winding. Material production - willow. Dimensions of the cricket bat: 96.5 cm long and 10.8 cm wide.
Today, unfortunately, the bat is used not only as a sports equipment, but also as a weapon. But we hope that the information you received, how to hit the bat correctly, you will only use in sports training!