How to bake cheese?
There are many recipes for dishes with cheese: snacks, salads, sandwiches. However, not everyone knows that cheese can be prepared as a separate dish. Below we look at this topic in more detail.
We give an example of specific recipes: white mold cheese in foil, breaded cheese sticks and cheese casserole.
How to bake cheese: highlights
There are many types of cheeses: hard, soft and melted, fatty and low-fat, cheeses with mold, smoked, pickled. However, any of them is a very delicate product. Improper baking can lead to the fact that the cheese will have not a juicy golden crust, but a dry burnt crust resembling wood. So, first of all, let's talk about the basic rules:
- To the main dishes, especially those requiring long roasting (for example, meat), cheese is added closer to the end of cooking, if this dish is prepared without a lid.
- As a rule, cheese is baked in breading, in its own crust (Camembert, Hermelin) or any other “wrapper”, just to preserve its delicate flavor.
- The temperature of roasting cheese is usually not higher than 200 degrees (usually 180).
- Eating baked cheese is better hot. Some dishes allow the use in a cold form, but it is not worth warming up such dishes, they significantly lose their taste.
On the use of cheese in the main course a lot of information. Interesting options are given in the article Salmon, baked with cheese in Norwegian.
Also cheese goes well with potatoes. This recipe is described in the article How to bake potatoes in the oven.
Delicious bake cheese: recipes
White mold cheese in foil
- For this recipe, a whole small cheese head with a white mold rind is perfect. It can be a hermelin, camembert and other fat soft white cheeses. The most important thing here is the integrity of the cheese head.
- Spices: a mixture of peppers, curry, dry ground garlic (optional);
- tomato paste or ketchup - as an option;
- vegetable oil;
- Turn on the oven 180 degrees.
- Cheese lightly coated with vegetable oil and ketchup, so that the spices better stuck.
- Sprinkle cheese with spices.
- The foil is also lightly oiled.
- Well wrapped head of cheese and send in a hot oven.
Roasting time can vary from 20 to 40 minutes.As a rule, the cheese becomes soft, when cut it will flow out. An excellent snack to baked cheese will be, for example, french fries.
Double breaded cheese sticks
We will need:
- hard cheese;
- vegetable oil;
- Italian herbs;
- a little milk.
- Heat the oven (180).
- Cut the cheese into sticks (about the size of a finger).
- Beat egg with milk.
- Each piece of cheese is slightly wetted in milk and rolled in Italian herbs.
- Then we roll in flour, dip it in an egg with milk, again in flour, in an egg.
- Carefully stack cheese sticks in a greased mold. At will, the bottom and edges of the mold can be first rubbed with garlic, and then oiled.
It is necessary to bake cheese for 20-30 minutes (orient yourself to your oven).
- hard cheese (Russian, Kostroma or any other, not necessarily expensive);
- sour cream;
- dried herbs;
- fresh dill;
- vegetable oil.
Temperature range - 160-180 degrees.
Preparation of ingredients for casserole.
- Tomatoes cut rings.We put on a baking sheet, greased with oil, sprinkle with crushed garlic and herbs. Sent to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Onions cut into small rings and fry in butter until golden.
- Cheese cut into cubes about 1 * 1 cm.
- Ham at the discretion: you can cut large, you can finely, you can grate.
- Mix egg with sour cream and crumbled dill.
- Baked tomatoes mash with a fork, but not all, but about one third.
- Now we mix everything in a baking dish: egg mass + cheese + ham + onions.
- We send baked for about 40 minutes (at 180 degrees). The casserole should harden.
The dish is good because it can be consumed hot and cold.
These are just some recipes that we hope you will love. You can invent your own dish yourself, since baking cheese is easy, you just need to stick to our advice and turn on the fantasy.