Heather Langenkamp: biography, films, interesting facts
American actress Heather Langenkamp rememberedthe viewer with her early roles in horror films "A Nightmare on Elm Street," where she played the part of Nancy, who ventured to challenge a bloody maniac with a burned face to Freddy Kruger. She also played in TV shows, was a producer, director and make-up artist. We suggest to get acquainted with her biography.
Born Heather Langenkamp in 1964 in the small town of Tulsa in a fairly well-to-do family:
- Mother, Mary Alice, was engaged in artistic creativity. Had German roots.
- Father was an oil magnate and served under the administration of Presidents Carter and Clinton.
The girl finished school, after which she enteredStanford University. In the years of training, her fateful meeting with Wes Craven took place, giving Heather Langenkamp the role in the horror film "The Nightmare on Elm Street".
Success on the screen
The first success of Heather was the picture of Wes Cravenabout the serial killer Freddy Kruger, who killed teenagers in their dreams. Partner Langencamp was Johnny Depp, at that time also a novice actor. The reason that the actress managed to circumvent more than 200 pretenders to the role is quite simple - the director wanted his heroine to be as different as possible from the recognized Hollywood standards. The role was so successful that the actress Heather Langenkamp won her first prize for her and was included in the list of "screaming queens", this is the name for actresses specializing in the horror genre in America.
The subsequent career
In the biography of Heather Langenkamp came the moment of the desired glory, she received several roles in the late 80's:
- The most significant role is played by Nancy Thompson inContinuation of "Nightmare on Elm Street". Nancy appears before the viewer who has grown up, survived the difficulties that have grasped her and is ready to help teenagers who, like her, are fighting a terrible killer from her own dreams. In addition to Heather, the picture was played by Robert Ingland, Patricia Arquette, John Saxon. The film earned a positive evaluation of critics, who noted the originality and unpredictability of the plot.
- Heather liked Wes Craven so much that he invited her to his 1989 new film, Electroshock, where the actress got a minor role.
- Next is the film with Heather Langenkamp, "The Nightmare on Elm Street 7", where she plays no longer Nancy, but herself, the performer of the role of Nancy, who was killed by a bloody killer.
- The picture "Destroyer" was released in 1995, but in it Langenkamp played a small role.
Despite the constant search for new roles, Heather entered the history of cinema as the "queen of screaming" and fearless Nancy Thompson, the other roles of the late 80-90s. the viewer is not remembered.
Participation in serials
The actress tried her hand in various TV series, among which we will name:
- "Military-legal service".
- "18 wheels of justice".
- "American history of horror."
However, the main part of Heather did not enter, starring only in separate episodes.
Creativity of 2000-2017 years
The main genres in which Langenkamp played in 2000-2017 are as follows:
- comedy ("Stakes");
- horrors ("Risen from hell 10");
- thriller ("Butterfly Room").
However, on the big screen, the actress appears very rarely.
The life of the 53-year-old actress is stillstormy and dynamic. She, together with her husband, owns and operates a make-up company, which was used to create such successful films as "Bruce Almighty", "Angels and Demons", "Evan Almighty".
The actress successfully coped with the work of the executive producer. So, she managed to work with documentary films "I'm Nancy" and "Never Sleep: The Legacy of Elm Street".
Heather Langenkamp leads his own page in "Twitter", which publishes news from his life.
Interesting facts and personal life
We offer a selection of interesting facts from the life of the actress:
- As she likes to talk, a career in cinema for her is not the main value, and she genuinely does not understand those actresses who sacrifice everything for the sake of glory.
- In the picture "The Nightmare on Elm Street", the heroineLangenkamp, 15-year-old Nancy, looking in the mirror at her exhausted reflection of insomnia, said: "I look all 20 years." At the same time, the actress herself was 20 years old.
- Heather Langenkamp twice married, the first spouse of the actress - Alan Pasqua, a famous pianist, they lived together only two years.
- With her second husband, David Leroy Anderson, Heather has been married since 1990. In addition to two children, they have many common interests and even their own firm.
- The plot of the seventh part of the tape about Freddy Krueger has an autobiographical overtones - on a wave of glory Heather has faced obsessive pursuit of an inadequate fan.
- Langencamp tried to open a company for the production of chewing gum, but the business quickly burned out.
To achieve the truly Hollywood glory of HeatherLangencamp failed, many she remembered her only role, Nancy Thompson, therefore, gradually leaving the acting field, the actress focused on business activities.