Gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis
Unfortunately, osteochondrosis is prettyA common disease, the risk of which increases with age. The disease is associated with gradual degeneration of the intervertebral discs. Gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis is simply necessary, as it helps to stop the process of destruction, and also to return the muscles mobility. In addition, with regular exercise, pain sensations lose their intensity.
If you are constantly worried about pain in the neck and shoulders,it is better to see a doctor right away. Osteochondrosis is much easier to treat in the early stages of development. It is almost impossible to restore already damaged tissues, so it is best to start therapy immediately. The doctor will explain what exercises you need for cervical osteochondrosis, how often and with what intensity you need to repeat them. You will also be prescribed gels, ointments and other drugs that will reduce soreness and relieve the inflammatory process.
Gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis: useful recommendations
- If you start training for the first time, then you need to start with minimal loads and gradually complicate the tasks.
- In no case can not begin to exercise during an exacerbation of the disease, it is better to wait for better health.
- As a rule, the first two or three workoutsaccompanied by soreness, which should gradually go away. Remember that if you notice a severe deterioration of your condition after the beginning of the session, or if the pain becomes even worse, stop the exercises and consult a specialist.
- If you have the opportunity, then at least the first few sessions with the coach.
- Gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis should exclude sharp, sweeping movements, since there is the possibility of additional damage.
- Before starting muscle training, you need a verywarm up well. You can take a hot bath or shower, attach a towel or a hot water bottle to your neck. Useful and light massage of the shoulders and neck, which will make the muscles more elastic.
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine: exercises
- Begin training with the turns of the head in different directions for 5 - 10 times. All movements should be slow and smooth. Try to gradually increase the amplitude of the turn.
- Now start lifting your head up and down, while trying to touch your chin to your chest. Do 5 to 15 repetitions.
- Now tilt your head back. Begin to pull and pull your chin.
- Tie your hands in the lock and put them on the forehead. Now tilt your head forward, while pressing it with your hands. Feel the maximum tension of the neck muscles and stay for a few seconds. Relax and repeat the same steps.
- Tilt your head down and put your hands locked in the lock on the back of your head. Press down while trying to raise your head. Repeat at least six times.
- With the palm of your right hand, rest on the right temple. Press down with your hand, while tilting your head to the right side. Feel tension in the neck muscles. Repeat five times in each direction.
- Slowly lift your shoulders up to the maximumheight and stay in this position for a few seconds. Now take a deep breath and relax the muscles, feeling like the shoulders are falling down on their own. Repeat at least five times.
Remember that a similar gymnastics with cervicalosteochondrosis is quite effective. It takes no more than 20 minutes to exercise, and a noticeable effect will appear after a week of regular, everyday exercises. In addition, this program can also be used as a preventive measure. Osteochondrosis is much easier to prevent than to get rid of it later.