Greek yoghurt for weight loss: a recipe and tips for cooking
Anyone who has visited Greece or Cyprus, for suretasted Greek yogurt for weight loss. Outwardly it resembles sour cream, but it is more useful and light. As a rule, this natural product is offered in hotels for breakfast. It can be eaten in a pure form or poured with jam, syrup or honey. Also it is perfectly combined with chocolate and other sweet flakes. And you can add sliced fruit (eg an orange or a fragrant peach) to the Greek yoghurt for weight loss or pour berries. Agree, this dish is a very tasty and healthy breakfast.
Useful and tasty Greek yogurt
Thick yogurt can be used as adressing for salads or as a sauce for poultry, meat, fish and so on. More and more girls looking for their figure are interested in such a product as Greek yogurt. Where to buy the mentioned product? Yes, in the same place, where ordinary dairy products. While in the supermarket, pay attention to the shelf with yogurt. But you can cook it yourself, at home.
Cook at home
Traditional Greek yoghurt for weight lossis prepared from sheep's milk, into which yoghurt culture is added. Yoghurt is cured, and then excess whey is removed. But since we hardly can find sheep's milk, we will use ordinary milk - cow, preferably home.
So, how to cook Greek yogurt? Its recipe is pretty simple. You will need milk and yogurt starter. As a starter, you can use any natural yoghurt with a short shelf life - Bulgarian yogurt, matzoni, matsun, sour sour cream or products called "Activia" without additives.
Now an important nuance: in sour cream does not contain the Bulgarian wand, so it is worse than milking milk. Next, the leaven for cooking homemade yogurt - no matter whether yogurt you use or sour cream - should not contain starch, thickeners and other additives. Also note that yogurt can not be shaken, as this makes it more liquid.
How to cook Greek yogurt
Greek yogurt for weight loss is prepared in the same way as ordinary yogurt. Only one step is added - the expressing of serum.
1. Initially, you need to boil the milk and wait until it has cooled to room temperature. Then the milk must be filtered to remove the foam.
2. When the milk has cooled to a temperature of 35-40 degrees, it is added with leaven or ready-made yogurt.
3. Milk with leaven put in yogurttnitsu for 9 hours.
4. Ready yogurt can not be stirred, it must be gently poured into a sieve, pre-pasting the latter with clean gauze. Then the yogurt is covered with a film or a lid and left in the refrigerator until the whey dries.
5. After 6-10 hours, Greek yogurt for weight loss is ready for use. The density of the product resembles the Adyghe cheese.
Serum from yogurt can be used forbaking, for example for making lush cakes with filling. By the way, Greek yogurt is undesirable to store for a long time, since this product is completely natural, does not contain preservatives and stabilizers, and therefore quickly deteriorates.