French Salad: Cooking Recipes
Salads are an important component in the diet of the French. They can be served as separate dishes or as basic ones. As a rule, they make salads from vegetables and greens, with seafood in the summer, and meat, chicken, mushroom, fish - in the winter. Several popular recipes will be given in this article.
Useful properties of products
The most common is “salade verte” (“green”), which is eaten almost every day, at lunch or dinner. Among the components used for it most often - lettuce, cress, chicory, young leaves of a dandelion, arugula, purslane. This is a truly French beauty salad, ideal for a balanced diet and weight loss. Although, of course, all the listed products contain fiber, beta-carotene, vitamins A, C and B, but watercress is a superstar in the composition of healthy substances. Greens are thoroughly washed, dried, cut, filled with oil and a small amount of vinegar (or lemon juice).Acid should be felt quite a bit, just a hint, so as not to spoil the taste of light wine that accompanies the food.
French salad with spinach and feta cheese
- four hundred grams of spinach;
- two hundred grams of fresh peeled peas;
- one hundred one hundred fifty grams of feta;
- for dressing: olive oil (six tablespoons), lemon juice (three tablespoons) and half a teaspoon of pepper and salt.
1. Mix well ingredients for dressing.
2. Peel and squeeze spinach well. Put in a salad bowl.
3. For about a minute, blanch the peas, then put it on top of the spinach.
4. Chop feta cheese. Fill before serving.
French salad with potatoes
He will have all to taste. In addition, it is a very light and economical dish.
- four hundred and fifty grams of potatoes (it is better to choose from wax varieties, since these allow you to keep the shape of the salad);
- two tablespoons of spiced vinegar with tarragon;
- three art. l vegetable oil (better than olive oil);
- chives or green (cut into about one tablespoon);
- greens (dill, parsley), chopped.
1.Peel potatoes and boil in salted water until tender.
2. Drain, dry, cool slightly, then cut into small pieces.
3. For seasoning mix oil, vinegar, green onions.
4. Shake it lightly with potatoes.
5. Sprinkle with greens.
French salad with lentils and cumin
Very tasty, you can cook it if you wish at any time of the year.
- one small bulb;
- carnation - 2 pieces;
- two cloves of garlic;
- a pound of lentils;
- Bay leaf;
- one strip of lemon zest;
- two teaspoons cumin;
- for seasoning: combine four tablespoons of olive oil with two tablespoons of wine vinegar and one - lemon juice;
- two tablespoons of chopped mint, green onions, pepper and salt.
1. In a peeled onion stick a clove. Peel the garlic.
2. Pour a liter of water into the pan, put onion, garlic, lemon zest, bay leaf, lentils and a teaspoon of cumin in it. After the composition begins to boil, reduce the heat, then cook for about thirty minutes. Lentils should be soft.
3. Dry it. Onion, lemon zest and bay leaves to throw away, finely chop the garlic and set aside for a while.
4.Lentil season with seasoning, mixed of the necessary components for it, add the remaining cumin.
5. Put the finely chopped onion and mint.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste and let the prepared mixture stand for thirty minutes, after which you can serve.
French salad with tomatoes
Appetizing, beautiful, ideal for a family dinner!
- four hundred and fifty grams of strong ripe tomatoes;
- several onion rings;
- three tablespoons of olive oil;
- half a tablespoon of lemon juice (alternative - wine vinegar);
- greens (parsley, chives);
- salt (to taste).
1. Tomatoes thinly chopped and placed on a flat dish. Salt and leave for about an hour.
2. Before serving, drain the resulting juice, spread on top of onion rings and pour over olive oil mixed with lemon juice.
3. Sprinkle with greens.
French salad with chicken and honey
- two chicken breasts;
- several cherry tomatoes;
- several cubes of Emmental cheese;
- liquid honey;
- bunch of young lettuce leaves;
- sauce of olive oil with vinegar, salted and peppered.
1.Chop the chicken breasts into small pieces and blanch for a few minutes in the pan.
2. In a small bowl, mix about four tablespoons of honey and the same amount of mustard.
3. Add the mixture to the chicken and simmer over low heat until caramelized.