Fine filters of water - types, advantages, application
The concept of fine filtration of water does not have specific qualitative and quantitative criteria. At their core, fine filters are nothing more than prefilters for coarse filtration media. However, their installation is able to provide really clean, safe water.
What is the purpose of fine cleaning?
Under fine cleaning should be understood to receive at the outlet of water of a certain quality to meet specific needs. Naturally, the requirements for drinking and process water vary considerably. Therefore, the design of individual filters vary.
Filters for water purification for an apartment usually combine several filtration technologies at the same time. Indeed, in this case in the first place is getting the most effective cleaning result. As for industrial filters, their functionality can be aimed at eliminating one impurity or substances of several types.
Types of fine filters
To date, distinguished sand and gravel and cartridge systems.
If we talk about sand and gravel filters, then the main cleaning agent here are quartz sands in combination with the smallest fraction of gravel. During the filtration process, mechanical particles linger on the body of such devices. In case of accumulation, the filtered impurities are washed out with a reverse flow of water.
Cartridge devices contain highly efficient polypropylene cleaning elements. These fine filters can be placed in a plastic or metal case, depending on the conditions of future operation.
Currently, fine filters are successfully used in various fields. Similar systems are installed on water supply systems:
- in bars, restaurants, cafes;
- in the cottages;
- in private homes;
- in high-rise buildings;
- in industrial buildings;
- in commercial and public institutions.
Based on the existing conditions, fine filters can be mounted in the water supply circuit after the meter, well pump or booster pump, in front of pumping stations.
What are the advantages of fine water filters? Among the main qualities of such filtration systems should be highlighted:
- The use of environmentally friendly, absolutely safe materials manufacturing. The acquisition of a fine filter guarantees the absence of harmful chemical elements and sorbents in filtered water. In turn, this allows you to use water directly from the tap.
- When using filters of this category, there is no need to replace removable cartridges. To restore the original properties of fine filtration, it is sufficient to perform the usual flushing of the system, removing the accumulated dirt.
- Fine cleaning ensures complete elimination of minor impurities. This is ensured by the presence of a sophisticated high-tech filtration system.
- The compact design allows you to easily install a fine filter on almost any water supply line.
- Continuous supply of filtered water occurs in the case of the use of direct-flow systems, and backwash.
In what cases it is advisable to resort to installing a filter for fine cleaning? First of all, when the supply of well-purified water is required.It is convenient to display multistage filtration systems on separate taps, which provides increased convenience of operation.
It is convenient to install fine filtration systems when it is necessary to protect household appliances or sanitary ware from aggressive components of tap water.