Fast Marinated Tomatoes: Recipes
We all at least once tried salted cucumbers, but have you ever seen? In this article we will not consider options for canning berries for the long term, but let's talk about pickled instant tomatoes, because you can eat them in a few hours!
Why did people start salting
Let's imagine the situation: the people are working in the field all summer, which is why they have a rich harvest. There is a long winter ahead, which in Russia, as a rule, lasts more than three months. In icy frosts, you should always have reserves in your arsenal to make it easier to survive the cold season.
When autumn comes, all workers go to harvest: some of the vegetables will be eaten, and the rest will be spoiled and will not be tolerated until winter. The question arises: "How to preserve the taste and freshness of vegetables for a long period?". The ingenious decision was made by people who decided to follow in the footsteps of their ancestors and made the first pickles.In the course went everything from cucumbers, ending pumpkin. Pickles helped feed huge families throughout the long winter. If you study history, you can find that both sailors and northern people dried and salted meat with vegetables in barrels.
Now there is no urgent need to make preparations, because any pickles can be found in the nearest supermarket. Homemade pickles make gourmets to please themselves and their loved ones. So let's quickly learn how to cook pickled tomatoes quickly and tasty. Put on aprons, we will start!
Marinated Tomatoes with Garlic and Honey
This recipe has a spicy taste and a bright aroma. Thanks to quick pickling, the recipe tomatoes are juicy, but not loose. To cook pickled tomatoes with garlic quickly, follow the instructions. You will spend no more than 20 minutes on this recipe, but you can enjoy a tasty snack in three hours.
- Tomatoes or tomatoes (the smaller, the better) - 0.5 kilograms.
- Garlic (cloves) - 5-6 pcs. medium sized.
- Sunflower oil or olive oil - 50 ml.
- Honey (not candied) + soy sauce. Each ingredient 1-2 tablespoons.
- Spices - at will.
- Vinegar or citric acid. It is recommended to add to taste.
- Horseradish / mustard - 20 grams.
- Add sugar as desired. Not more than one tablespoon.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the tomatoes into slices. If the berry is large, then divide it into 4 parts.
- Garlic pound grated.
- Mix the oil with soy sauce and honey, add vinegar, mustard seed and sugar. Pepper and salt as desired.
- Heat the mixture (do not let it boil!).
- Dip the tomatoes in a deep bowl, pour the marinade and mix gently.
- Cover and marinate for two hours.
Marina in the package
How to cook quick pickled tomatoes in a package if you have absolutely no experience? It's simple: follow all the tips mentioned in the instructions, do not be afraid to experiment, and after a few hours you will be able to enjoy the most delicious salting. It will take you only 30 minutes to cook, and you can eat a snack in a few days.
What we need for a snack:
- Tomatoes (not large) - 0.5 kilograms.
- Garlic (cloves large) - 6 pieces.
- Seasonings optional.
- Dill - 1-2 branches, or 1 bunch.
- To cook pickled tomatoes quickly, the berry must be thoroughly washed.
- Fold the tomatoes into the bag. If there is no special culinary package, you can use the usual dense cellophane. Make sure he does not let water through!
- Clean the dill and garlic with your hands into several pieces, then lower the spices into the bag.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Without adding brine, tie up the bag so that there is little air inside. To mix the spices, the package must be gently shaken and turned. Thus, each tomato will be marinated in its own juice.
- Clean the package for 3-4 days either in a dark place or in the refrigerator.
Pickling green tomatoes
Have you tried the pickled green tomatoes fast? If not, then harvest more quickly, reach for the unripe berry, because we will cook the most delicious pickling of green tomatoes. You will spend on cooking just half an hour. After three hours you can serve the dish on the table.
- Unripe tomatoes - 2 kilograms.
- Garlic - 8 medium cloves.
- Bulgarian pepper - 3 pcs.
- Chile (bitter red pepper) - 2 pods.
- Spices are added to the taste.
- Vinegar or citric acid - 2 tbsp. l
- Before cooking quick pickled tomatoes, the berries are thoroughly washed under running water. Then the tomatoes must be cut into slices.
- Grind garlic on a fine grater, add to a deep bowl to the chopped berries.
- Bulgarian pepper is chopped into long thin slices, and chili is cut into small pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients in the same container, add vinegar and spices.
- Mix thoroughly, try marinade. If something is missing, then we add at our discretion. We close the lid or plastic, and then send to cool for three hours.
What else can you add to the marinade?
- You can cook pickled tomatoes quickly and without the addition of vinegar. To do this, you can add some freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Do not be afraid to experiment: add a couple of sprigs of rosemary or basil in the marinade, parsley or dill.
- Before serving, gently lay pickled tomatoes on a plate and garnish with greens, nuts or ground pepper.
Making a ginger-honey dressing for piquancy
Despite the fact that we use the recipe of pickled quick-cooking tomatoes, where garlic is almost always used, when served on the table there is often not enough of a piquant note for taste.It is for this reason that we are making ginger-honey dressing. You will spend just 15 minutes on this snack.
- Ginger - 50 grams.
- Honey (not candied) - 3 tbsp. l
- Sunflower oil - 50 ml.
- Slice the ginger into small pieces.
- Add ginger, butter and honey to the blender.
- Beat until you get a homogeneous mass.
Finished dressing watered when serving on pickled tomatoes for a unique spicy taste. Serving example: Place ready-made berries on a flat plate so that there is less juice. Pour a thin stream over the tomatoes and then decorate the dish with a sprig of rosemary, basil or mint. For decoration, you can add walnuts, garlic cloves or lemon.
Green gourmet tomatoes
With this recipe, you will enjoy slices of marinated instant tomatoes within a few days after pickling. Among all the recipes, this one takes only a little more time to prepare, just 1 hour. However, an appetizer will be prepared within 5 days.
For this it is necessary to prepare a pickle. As a rule, 2 tablespoons of vinegar is diluted with one liter of water, then spices, spices, herbs and garlic are added to taste.The brine is boiled, after which the tomatoes laid out in the bowl are poured. The container is covered with foil and sent to a cool place for several days. You do not need to clean the refrigerator.
- To cook pickled tomatoes quickly, it is enough to use a special dressing instead of brine. This can significantly reduce the time.
- Add vinegar only to taste, because it is easy to spoil the marinade and make the tomatoes sour, inedible.
- Include curly parsley and celery sprigs in your favorite recipe for quick pickled tomatoes.
- Instead of the classic pickled berries, you can make a wonderful autumn salad. To do this, during cooking, add a couple of sliced cucumbers, Bulgarian pepper and fried eggplant slices.
- For a quick marinade, it is recommended to chop the tomatoes into slices. So they will be canned in their own juice, which will make them even tastier.
- Do not be afraid to add honey. No matter how hard you try, pickled tomatoes will not be sweet and certainly not cloying.
- Try the original bundles: honey + ginger, oregano + garlic + olive oil, basil + garlic.This will give your canned tomatoes the finest unique taste.
- Before quick salting, you can blanch the berry to remove the skin. To do this, carefully put the tomatoes in a deep pan, pour hot water, wait 7-10 minutes. After that, with the help of a large spoon, you need to get the berry, incise the skin and remove it.
- Try adding mustard to the marinade, and even better mustard seeds.
- Onions are added as desired. After marinating, the former causticity is lost and the onion becomes sweet.
- Together with the tomatoes can be pickled zucchini and pumpkin. To do this, cut all the ingredients into small pieces or slices, and then simply add to the marinade.
Thanks to these recipes you will always have on hand the original snack. Marinated tomatoes are perfect for any dish. You can add them to the salad, serve as a snack, use as a filling for homemade hamburgers and sandwiches. Any way to feed this pickle will help make you a culinary genius.
And, as mentioned above, do not be afraid to experiment. Add spices and spices, use extra vegetables and cook original dressings.Then your pickled tomatoes will be the subject of admiration of relatives and friends.