Exhaust fans for bathrooms: types and additional functions
The bathroom is of a high standardhumidity. Extraction fans are used to remove excessively humid air. For bathrooms usually use wall or ceiling models, depending on the location of the outlet ducts. Most often they are made of plastic, simply installed and have an attractive appearance.
By type of exhaust fans forThe bathrooms can be axial and centrifugal. Axial models are more widely distributed: a propeller with blades is installed on the axis of the engine. Due to the motion of the blades air is sucked from the front side, passes through the device and is taken out of the room. Such models of fans are installed in air ducts, which have a horizontal section of no more than 3 meters, or into free openings that open onto the street. If the ducts have a long length and the power of the axial models is not enough, centrifugal fans are used. They consist of two parts: a hull and a turbine with a snail. These models are easy to maintain, have great power, and at the same time this exhaust fan is noiseless.
There are many models of fans, they can differ in size and appearance, and recently there are additional functions that make their use more comfortable:
- Timer and motion sensor. The timer, depending on the time set, allows you to continue the operation of the device after switching off. The motion sensor turns the unit on / off when people in the room appear / disappear.
- There are extract fans for bathrooms equipped with a hydrostatic. They allow you to maintain a specified level of humidity, automatically turning on or off when changing parameters.
- Function of constant ventilation. At normal humidity values, the fan runs at minimum revs, with an increase in humidity level, the operating mode changes to the maximum values.
- There are models with protection against splashes, there is a clock on the front panel. If such a model is installed in the shower, it's difficult to arrive late for work or a meeting - time is constantly visible before your eyes.
- Available for sale exhaust fan for the bathroomrooms with a non-return valve. This is convenient if several fans emerge into one ventilation duct: odors (for example, from the bathroom and kitchen) will not mix.
Frequently exhaust fans for bathroomsinclude a combination of several such functions. These "smart" models are controlled by a remote control. But their cost far exceeds the price of standard models.
To properly select the power of the fan,you need to know the volume of the room. The volume found should be multiplied by an indicator that demonstrates how many times the air in the room must change to normalize the humidity. For the bathroom, it is in the range from 3 to 8. For example, if the volume of the bathroom is 20 m3, the minimum fan power will be 20x3 = 60W, the maximum - 20 × 8 = 160 W. To get rid of humid air more quickly, it is desirable to choose models having a power close to the maximum value.