Endogard for dogs: instructions, properties and dosage
A dog for many is a member of the family. The health of the pet should be given maximum attention. If the animal lives in the house and children contact with it, the risk of getting infected with the helminths increases. A dog, unlike a human, can not protect itself from parasites on its own. "Endogarde" Effective assistance for tetrapods in helminthic invasion.
Pharmacological properties and indications for use
The Endogard instructions for dogs say thatthis anthelmintic preparation has a broad spectrum of action. It is effective against various endoparasites that damage the dog's body. Its application gives the result at all phases of development of banded and round parasitic worms. The drug destroys the larvae of parasites in the canine organism and prevents them from developing. It is effective against giardiasis, it demonstrates excellent results as a prophylactic against dirofilariasis.
Composition and form of release
In the "Endogard" instructions for dogs, you can find out that they produce the drug in three dosages:
- "2.5" - suitable for small puppies and adult individuals of miniature breeds.
- "10" - for medium-sized animals.
- "30" - for the largest breeds.
The composition of the drug is as follows:
- Endogard 2.5. It contains 0.037 g of febantel, 0.036 g of pyrantel, 0.13 g of praziquantel, 0.00015 g of ivermectin. The main components are supplemented by auxiliary ones up to 0.23 g.
- "Endogard 10" for dogs, according to the instructions, contains 0.15 g of febantel, 0.14 g of pyrantel, 0.05 g of praziquantel, 0.0006 g of ivermectin, and additional components up to 0.9 g.
- Endogard 30 contains febantel 0.45 g, pyrantel 0.43 g, praziquantel 0.15 g, ivermectin 0.0018 g, components of ancillary action up to 2.7 g.
Tablets of brown color are produced in blisters of two and six pieces.
How to apply the drug and in what dosage
The instruction of "Endogard" for dogs says that hisIt is necessary to apply the crushed, adding to the food while eating. If the puppy or dog resists and refuses food, then in this case the drug is placed on the root of the animal's tongue after feeding. The medicine is given to the animal once, the scheme of reception looks like this:
- For animals weighing less than 5 kg, one tablet is required in a minimum dosage.
- Dogs from 5 to 10 kg will need 1-2 tablets "Endogarda 10".
- For pets weighing between 10 and 15 kg, it is necessary to give 0.43 g of pyrantel, which is equivalent to one "Endogard 30" tablet.
- Dogs up to 20 kg - 1-2 pcs.
In the instructions for the use of "Endogarde" for dogssaid that to treat a disease such as giardiasis, dosage should not be changed. The drug is given to the dog 1 time per day for three days. Before carrying out deworming it is not necessary to keep the pet on a starvation diet.
The Endogard instructions for dogs say thatIt is necessary to apply it for the purpose of prophylaxis of dirofilariasis from April to October, and in those regions that are considered epidemiologically unsuccessful. This is due to the fact that in summer, insects are activated, which carry Dirofilaria immitis. Use the drug should be for a month.
Pregnant and lactating females during lactation are also allowed to give "Endogard", if it is caused by acute need. It is important to strictly comply with the dosage.
Contraindications for use
The use of an anthelmintic preparation is unacceptable in some cases:
- Increased sensitivity of the dog to some components of the drug.
- If the dog is given "Piperazin", then "Endogard" is prohibited.
- "Endogard" is not suitable for treating puppies that have not reached 2 weeks.
The main thing is to fully comply with the rules prescribed in the instructions.
What else do you need to know?
The drug circulates in the blood of the dog andthe action of ivermectin on the microfilaria during the next three weeks after administration. The Endogard tablets are easy to apply, their taste is liked by animals, and they are produced in three dosages, which are very comfortable for treating pets of different weight and age categories.
Anthelminthic agent is convenient for use innurseries, where four-legged are kept. It provides the best protection against various parasites. To give dogs a medicine for prevention is necessary every year.
No adverse reactions after use"Endogarda" is not revealed. Only in rare cases, in dogs that are hypersensitive to any of the components of the drug, individual symptoms may appear. If there are signs of an allergy, you can not use the medicine for a pet, you should immediately contact the veterinarian.
From all who used "Endogard" for dogs oninstructions, reviews are only positive. Many people use the medicine for several years and did not notice any negative effects. In addition, the drug is suitable for all breeds of animals. According to the instructions, "Endogarde 30" for dogs of large breeds is used in the amount of 1-2 tablets, but some owners of quadrupeds gave a half dose to pets weighing less than 15 kg. No side effects were observed.
People like that tool isuniversal and successfully helps to cure helminthiasis. And another positive point is that the drug "Endogard" is quite inexpensive, if compared with similar ones. It can always be found in a veterinary pharmacy, which is very important for dog owners.
Pet should be healthy and wellfeel yourself. Only timely implementation of preventive measures will help protect the dog from helminthic invasions. Before the beginning of anthelmintic therapy or prevention it is desirable to show the pet to the vet.