Dimensions of nut M8. Scope of application
For bolts with an external thread diameter of 6 mmThe nut M8 is used, the dimensions of which we will consider in this article. It is made of galvanized steel, the internal thread pitch is large, but must correspond to the thread pitch of the bolt itself or the stud. Also in the production there are products with fine carvings. They are used less often, often used in engineering as a bearing joint unit due to a larger step and better fastening of the elements.
Typical sizes of M8 nut
Nuts are metal parts with a hole in the center, inside which there is a thread that corresponds to the thread of the bolt.
Determining the size of the nut M8 is the distance between the parallel faces.
- The internal diameter of the thread is 8 mm.
- Thread pitch - 1.25 mm (large cutting).
- For small cutting, the thread pitch is 0.3-0.7 mm, cutting is done on special machines on request for studs and anchor joints.
- External contour - hexagon key 13 mm.
- The total outer diameter is 14.38 mm.
- The thickness of the nut, depending on the manufacturer and destination, is 4.8-6.0 mm.
- The strength class of the product is 8.0 according to GOST 5915-70.
The dimensions of the M8 nut meet the requirements of the International Organization for Standardization.
Scope of application
It is used as the main fastener forremovable parts of machines, is used with a number of other fasteners, complete with anchors, studs, bolts, and also in special fastening systems with welded structures. We examined the dimensions of the M8 nut, now we will give their features.
- Furniture fittings.With an internal thread diameter, they do not have an external hexagon. Instead of it steel clamps are used which are hammered into wood;
- Locking nuts and locknuts.Used for the strong clamping of the structure;
- Cap nut.Are used for decorative purposes, on the outer head there is a small groove in which a plastic cap is inserted and clamped;
- Connecting.They have an elongated shape, the internal thread is solid, used to connect long parts, pins, rods.
Material of manufacture
Manufactured from cold-rolled galvanized steelor hot-rolled. They differ in the strength class, this parameter shows the maximum load on the nut. If the balance between threaded joints and nuts is broken, then as the nut is screwed, the thread breaks, the strength of the elements is lost and the connection is no longer able to withstand the maximum loads.
Some M8 nuts are made fromcarbon alloy steel. The strength class of such products is 12.0, they are used in heavy engineering and power engineering, where to the connecting elements there are more severe operating conditions.