Data recovery from the memory card is possible!
Often there are situations whencarelessness, we are irretrievably (as it seems to us) to remove the necessary files and folders from removable media. Or the virus destroyed all the necessary information on the flash drive.
Agree, it is very insulting to lose, thus, photos from summer holidays or diploma work, memorable home videos or music files.
Do not despair, friends! Perhaps not everything is lost completely! In this article I will tell you how to recover data from a memory card.
For example, take a standard memory card of a conventional digital camera.
The first thing to remember: after accidentally formatting a removable media of this kind, you must stop using it. In no event after the most unpleasant incident occurred, do not write any information to the card, otherwise the data recovery from the memory card will be impossible. A memory card for a camera is one of the lightest media for recovering deleted files, because has a small size (compared, for example, with a hard disk), unfragmented data, and also, as a rule, one type of file.
So, we install the necessary software.
The Recuva program will help you in this matter. One of the simplest utilities of this kind, capable of recovering files of any type. Easy-to-use program, data recovery from the USB flash drive passes in minimum time. For use in the home, it is absolutely free.
Next, I'll tell you how to use Recuva after installing it on a PC.
- Run the utility, click the "Next" button in the welcome window.
- Select the type of files to restore. It can be music files, pictures and photos, e-mail files, etc. It's best to select "Other" to restore all types of lost data at once. "Further".
- In the "Placement" window, by clicking the "Browse" button, we select the flash drive of the camera. "Further".
- In the next dialog box, tick the "in-depth analysis" item, for a better final result, and start the program by clicking the "Start" button.
- After searching, Recuva will give you a listdetected files. Those that need to be restored need to be ticked (to the left of the name), select the folder to save and click the "Restore" button.
- After the recovery, a report will appear on the returned files with their total number and the number of partially restored files.
As you can already see, recovering data from a memory card is not such a complicated process.
Now let's talk about what does this concept mean - "partially restored files"?
- If the archive is severely damaged, Recuva will try to extract at least some of the archived data.
- There are recovered photos that some viewers will simply stop displaying after restoration.
- Video recordings with interference.
I want to note that Recuva is not the only onea program that allows you to recover data from a memory card. There are a lot of similar programs at the moment. And also this utility allows you to restore files not only from memory cards, but also from the recycle bin, from places unknown to the user, from the folder "My Documents", etc.