Birch sap: benefits and harm to the body, calorie and recommendations
In early spring, when there is a particular lack of vitamins, birch sap will help fill their deficiencies in the body. The drink has many medicinal properties. What is the use and harm of birch sap?
How to collect birch sap
The clear liquid emerging from the cuts of the bark is birch sap. Collect it can both on an industrial scale and individually. Within 14 days, when sap flow is moving in the tree, people should drink a fresh drink. It is best to collect it in early spring when swollen buds did not bloom on the birch.
The benefits and harms of birch sap will be written below, and now you should learn how to properly collect it.
To take advantage of the beneficial properties of the drink, you should choose the right place to collect. Birch should not grow closer than 50 km from the motorways.Do not take sap from trees that are located within the city.
In a place that meets all the criteria, a birch with a diameter of about 30 cm is selected and an incision is made in the bark - 2 cm. In order not to weaken the tree, the juice should be taken within 2-2.5 liters and the collection place should be carefully closed.
The most acceptable option is the birch, which is located on a hillock. The end time of the collection is the appearance of leaves on the tree.
The composition of birch sap
If we consider the benefits and harm of birch sap for the body, it is necessary to find out which properties are most useful. The drink caloric content of 100 ml is 12-24 kcal. In the composition of the juice are present:
- vitamins A, B, E, P, C;
- mineral substances (potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese, etc.);
- essential oils;
- organic acids;
- glucose, fructose.
An important feature of the juice is that it does not include fats. In 100 ml of the drink contains 1-3 g of carbohydrates and 0.1 protein, the rest of the content falls on the liquid.
Therapeutic properties of birch sap
What is the use and harm of birch sap? The drink has the following beneficial properties:
- The presence of potassium and magnesium in the juice helps in the treatment of the heart and blood vessels.
- Constant intake of juice contributes to the removal of blood products from the body.Saponins contained in the drink prevent the formation of cholesterol plaques in the vessels.
- Juice has a positive effect on the brain and stimulates its activity. It can be taken with mental fatigue.
- The drink is useful to take with inflammation of the oral mucosa. This will help heal wounds and irritations.
- Juice contributes to the digestion of food, so it is recommended to drink it with gastrointestinal diseases in remission.
- Natural drink removes well the swelling, so it is used in the intoxication of the body.
- Juice drink as an additional means in the treatment of cancer.
- The drink can be used for lotions in the fight against boils, acne and eczema.
- Juice is able to strengthen the protective functions of the body, so it is especially useful to use it during epidemics of influenza and other colds.
- The drink has a beneficial effect on the liver and gallbladder.
- The juice has an effective help on diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
Due to its beneficial properties, birch sap can be used in the treatment of many diseases.
How to store birch sap?
Due to proper storage in hermetic containers, its properties can be used for a whole year. Collected juice, not curled in a can, can stand in the refrigerator for no more than 2 days. Spoiled juice can lead to indigestion.
The medicinal properties of the drink are fully preserved if it is frozen after collection.
Juice harvesting can be done in several ways:
- The most effective way is to heat the juice to 90 degrees and roll it into sterile jars. The result is a completely natural product that retains all its properties.
- If necessary, sugar is added to the juice in proportions of 2 tablespoons per liter of liquid and a little citric acid. Spilled in cans drink sterilized for 10 minutes.
- Excellent taste and storage is ensured by preserving the juice with citrus. To do this, it is heated and add 1 tablespoon of sugar per liter of liquid. Then add 1/3 of the orange fruit or a whole lemon. When bubbles appear in the tank, the juice is rolled up and stored in a cool place for six months.
Especially appreciated kvass from birch sap.The benefits (and harm in some pathologies, for example, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract) of this drink is well known. It invigorates, cools and nourishes the body with vitamins. To prepare, pour juice into a 20-liter bottle, add raisins and 1 kg of granulated sugar. The resulting drink is infused at home for 3 days. After the allotted time, the kvass is filtered and stored in small containers, which are hermetically closed. The drink can be drunk in a few days, and it will get a real taste only after 2 months.
When the wild rose berries are added to the birch sap, at the rate of 10 berries per 3 liters, you can thereby significantly increase the vitamin content of the drink. Add 1 teaspoon of citric acid and 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar. The juice is boiled on the fire and immediately rolled up. From the proper storage depends on the benefits and harm. Storage of birch sap lies in the fact that, subject to preservation conditions, the drink will please not only with its pleasant taste, but also provide healing assistance to the body.
Rules for taking birch sap
If there are no contraindications, then the optimal dose of juice intake per day is 1 cup three times a day.Children are advised to drink 100 ml of drink per day. It is considered the most useful drink, which is consumed immediately after collection.
How to drink birch sap? Harm and benefits depend on how well and how much they take it. When used correctly, the product brings only positive points. The drink should be taken as follows:
- For colds, 100 ml of juice and milk should be mixed with a teaspoon of starch. Drink daily until improvement.
- If a day to drink a glass of drink, you can quickly cure rhinitis.
- To compensate for the lack of vitamins, juice is consumed within 14 days a glass.
- If you drink 100 ml drink three times a day, you can get rid of anemia.
- To reduce coughing with bronchitis, you should drink a glass of juice with honey 4 times a day.
There are many recipes for the use of natural drink for the treatment of various diseases in children and adults.
Birch sap: the benefits and harm in diabetes
Diabetes mellitus is a serious disease that leads to metabolic disorders. In this case, the body does not have the ability to absorb glucose in the optimal mode.Therefore, the patient needs a diet with restriction products containing sugar. In birch sap, the sugar content is quite low, so patients with diabetes are allowed to use it. The component of the drink is fructose, for the assimilation of which insulin is not needed. However, it should be limited, in large quantities fructose can affect the patient's body in the same way as sugar.
Although there is no clear contraindication to birch sap, the benefits and harms of diabetes should be clarified with your doctor.
Birch sap during pregnancy and lactation
What is the benefit of birch sap and what harm can it cause during pregnancy and lactation?
If the future mother has no problems with the kidneys and there are no diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, then after consulting with a specialist, it can be consumed before meals. Juice well quenches thirst and helps with toxicosis.
Rich vitamin composition of the drink has a beneficial effect on the body of the mother and child. Initially, you need to drink 100 g of drink and watch the reaction of the child. If allergic reactions or an upset of the baby’s stools are noticed, the juice should be withdrawn.
Slimming birch sap
Nutritionists recommend a drink with diets, due to its rich vitamin composition and low calorie content. During the period of losing weight, the body needs the missing nutrients.
There is a diet that is based on the intake of juice. Half an hour before meals, you need to drink 100-200 ml of drink. Such a diet helps to reduce weight per week by 3-4 kg.
If you use a drink for fasting days, you can also get rid of a few extra pounds. This is due to improved metabolism.
The use of juice in cosmetology
The drink can be used to cleanse the skin of the face. If you use it to wash your hair, they will become shiny and silky.
To prepare a hair mask, you need to mix birch sap and burdock oil in a 3: 1 ratio. Means to put on hair and keep on them for 20 minutes. Wash off with shampoo. This mask is suitable for strengthening hair.
The composition of the nutrient face mask: white or blue clay diluted with birch sap. Apply to the skin of the face. After a quarter of an hour, rinse with juice. To achieve the desired effect, you need to do this mask 2 times in 7 days.
The drink can be used for daily washing of the face. After these procedures, the skin of the face is refreshed, the pigment spots are lightened.
Is the juice harmful to children and the elderly?
Pediatricians recommend starting the drink only from one year old child. First, the baby needs to try canned juice in a small amount. Older children can try raw in small portions, gradually increasing the dosage.
Thanks to the many nutrients that make up the juice, there is a huge benefit to the growing body.
Older people often suffer from colds due to a weakened immune system. If you regularly drink a healthy drink, you can strengthen the body's defenses.
Birch sap is able to clear blood vessels from cholesterol plaques, so that it can be used as a preventive measure for heart attacks and strokes.
Harm of birch sap
If so much is said about the benefits of birch sap, what harm can it do?
The drink is not recommended for people who have kidney disease, with stones present in them. People suffering from stomach ulcers or other gastrointestinal diseases can drink juice only after consulting a specialist.
You should not drink it to people who have individual intolerance to pollen or vitamins of group B.
The drink can not harm the body, if it is collected in an ecologically clean area, otherwise from its use you can only get harm to health.
The use of birch sap should be under the supervision of a physician. This will help to avoid the negative consequences and complications of various diseases. Do not overly indulge in a drink, and should not, and it is better to use it in moderate doses.