Aloe: medicinal properties and contraindications. Home use
Aloe: medicinal properties and contraindications, recipes, diseases that it treats, about this and many other things you can learn from this article. Therefore, we will not postpone the matter indefinitely and proceed immediately.
Since ancient times, people knew that aloe has healing properties. And they began to notice the contraindications of this plant at about the same time. Today, despite the level of development of modern medicine, which allows to cure the majority of diseases known to us, many still use this drug. It is easy to grow at home, it is quite unpretentious, hardy and does not require constant care.
Types and subtypes
- Tiger A small plant, not more than 30 centimeters in height. Leaves - elongated. Stem missing.
- Aloe vera. Medicinal properties and contraindications of this type are widely known.Its juice is often used in the medical, pharmaceutical industry, and also added to cosmetics. The plant has short stems, and the leaves take the form of rosettes. The edges of the leaves dotted with small thorns of a light red hue.
- Tree This is a strongly branchy shrub whose height can reach 3 meters. The leaves are thick, branched, dense, green in color with a gray tinge. The edges of the sheet are covered with small (up to 3 mm) spikes.
- Awful, or awesome. A large plant in the wild can grow up to 2 meters tall. Usually, light green leaves can sometimes take on a reddish hue. Spikes grow both on the edges of the sheet, and on the sheet itself.
- Spinous. Short-stem plant in the form of a bush. The leaves resemble triangles, there are thorns along the contour and on the reverse side, and the leaves are also collected in a wide rosette.
- Remote. The length of the shoots of this shrub can reach 3 meters. The length of the leaves can reach 10 centimeters, and the width - 6 centimeters at the base. The leaves are green with a shade of gray, in the center and along the edges there are small white thorns.
A small lyrical digression.Very often you can hear that people call aloe - agave. Medicinal properties and contraindications are the same. People used to call any aloe agave. This is a fairly common mistake, in reality, only aloe tree is an agave.
Medicinal properties and contraindications
The plant is rich in various vitamins, and also contains a huge amount of useful elements. It successfully fights various microorganisms and, last but not least, reduces cholesterol levels.
Contraindications include individual intolerance and allergic reactions. Do not use aloe in violation of the kidneys and liver.
Aloe with honey: healing properties
We have already mentioned the healing properties of aloe, but here is aloe with honey ... the healing properties and contraindications of such a combination change significantly. After all, honey is in no way inferior to aloe in healing properties. It has a strong antiseptic and antibacterial effect.
Thus, the combination of aloe and honey has a number of beneficial effects that will help with various diseases. For example, aloe with honey is a great cough remedy.Also, a mixture of honey and aloe helps with disorders of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT), problems with the pancreas, disorders of the liver.
Rheumatism, arthritis, swelling, muscle pain - aloe with honey helps to get rid of all this. Healing properties and contraindications of this combination can be a very long time to list. But it is impossible to overestimate the degree of importance of this combination for human health.
Aloe with honey: contraindications
Although aloe slightly softens the allergic effects of honey, it is still a strong allergen. So in the presence of an allergic reaction to one of the components, the use of this compound is strictly prohibited.
Moreover, it is not necessary to take the composition during pregnancy, with low pressure, with an increased level of sugar in the blood, it is also undesirable to use for people aged and children under 12 months.
Combination with honey and Cahors
Also it is necessary to add a few words about the combination of "aloe-med-Cahors." Healing properties and contraindications in many respects are, of course, similar, but there are some peculiarities. The presence of Cahors allows you to get rid of radionuclides, so it can be used in radiological therapy.
Cahors stimulates the endocrine system, normalizes the process of digestion, and also allows you to get rid of harmful substances in the body. It strengthens the immune system, and also destroys bacteria. The combination of "aloe-med-cahors" is especially effective in lung cancer.
Contraindications include allergies to Cahors (as mentioned above about honey and aloe). Also in the final stages of cancer, you should not use the composition of "aloe-med-Cahors." The therapeutic properties and contraindications of this composition, we, therefore, considered.
Aloe vera: medicinal properties
In many homes you can find aloe. The healing properties and contraindications for human skin of this plant are quite diverse. Consider some of them.
It is worth noting that aloe, whose healing properties and contraindications have a significant effect on human skin, is often used to heal skin lesions such as corns, herpes, scars, and burns. Aloe juice is applied to the wounds, cuts, as it promotes active regeneration, thanks to which rapid healing is carried out.
Aloe enriches the skin with beneficial trace elements and moisturizes it, and therefore it has found wide application in cosmetology, in particular in the fight against wrinkles, lip care and eyelids.
Using aloe, and in particular its juice, it is possible to destroy microorganisms, and as a result, to treat various skin diseases, psoriasis, bedsores, and so on. Gels, powders, salts are made of aloe vera, it is often added to products.
Aloe Vera: Contraindications
Expectant mothers are strictly forbidden to take aloe vera. Healing properties and contraindications in this case are on different scales, and the second outweighs. Aloe activates the production of hormones that can cause miscarriage.
Liquid extract: medicinal properties
Another popular form in which uses aloe - liquid extract. The therapeutic properties and contraindications of this type will be described below. Liquid aloe extract is a clear red liquid with a brownish tinge and a pleasant fragrant smell. The drug is sold in 1 ml ampoules. It is forbidden to exceed the dosage of 1 ml per day.
The drug is used in the form of intramuscular injections in the area of the buttocks or thighs, or injections under the skin in the forearm. Injection areas need to be alternated, as inflammation may occur, which will cause rather painful sensations.Aloe liquid extract should be used for:
- overweight to reduce appetite;
- problems with the stomach and intestines;
- bronchial asthma;
- skin lesions;
- metabolic disorders;
- eye diseases.
Liquid injection injections are extremely effective in the inflammation of the genital organs and in the restoration of reproductive function. If you and your spouse want to have a baby, then it may be worth a course of treatment.
Given the number of diseases that cure liquid aloe extract, many are wondering about contraindications. Unfortunately, he has the following:
- stomach ulcer;
- kidney disease;
- cardiovascular failure;
It is also necessary to exercise strict control over the treatment of the elderly.
Liquid extract: adverse reactions
The main disadvantage of aloe extract is a high likelihood of side effects. These include:
- fluctuations in blood pressure;
- diarrhea and other stool disorders.
Aloe for beauty
Aloe has also been used for self-care.Therapeutic properties and contraindications in cosmetology have been studied for a long time. There are many gels for cleansing and cooling the skin, makeup removers, scrubs, which are produced by various cosmetic companies. Also, the juice of the agave rejuvenates the skin, making it supple and elastic.
Moreover, aloe tincture has also proven itself well for hair. Medicinal properties and contraindications to its use usually do not differ from those for other similar hair products with aloe. Tincture allows you to deal with baldness, greasiness, whipped tips. Recipe tinctures for hair will be described below.
The plant is also a component of a large number of shampoos against dandruff and dryness of the head, is used to create anti-aging masks and balms, accelerates hair growth.
- In order to cure cough, an excellent option would be to mix warmed milk, cocoa, aloe juice, butter, as well as a teaspoon of honey. Mix all this thoroughly until all the ingredients are dissolved. It also soothes nerves and relieves stress.
- Recipe tinctures for hair. Take 4 large sheets and chop them finely.Then we fill them with 70% alcohol or 250 ml of vodka. Put in the fridge for 4 days. Then rub the tincture into the roots of the hair, wrap the head with cling film and wrap with a towel. After 30 minutes, thoroughly wash the hair with running water. Repeat the procedure a couple of times a week for at least 28 days.
- To ensure that foods and food are better absorbed in the body, as well as to stay healthy, even when everyone is sick with a cold, you can mix 500 grams of juice from this plant and 500 grams of honey. Add a glass of vodka, mix all this until a homogeneous substance is obtained.
- You can also mix the juice of 5 lemons, 100 ml of aloe juice, 500 g of walnuts and 300 g of honey. This will help in the process of rehabilitation and accelerate the recovery processes in the body.
- Take 300 g of honey, freshly squeezed juice of 2 lemons, as well as aloe. Medicinal properties (and there are small contraindications to the mixture) make it possible to get rid of angina without being afraid of complications. Use 3 times a day for half an hour before meals for 30 days.
- To remove harmful substances from the body, mix a kilogram of honey, a kilogram of butter and a kilo of crushed aloe. Cooking should be in a water bath.Boil a lot, and then, stirring, cook for 20 minutes. Optionally, you can take it with a glass of milk.
- Aloe tincture is very useful. Medicinal properties (contraindications of tinctures described earlier) help fight tuberculosis, and also have a tonic effect during therapy. To create it, we need 100 ml of olive oil, 190 g of honey, 3.5 tbsp. spoons of birch buds and linden flowers, 1 cup of aloe leaves. Thoroughly mix the aloe and honey, and then set to infuse. Mix linden and kidney, pour boiling water (500 ml) and keep on the fire for 5 minutes. Mix 2 composition and add oil. It is necessary to use tincture 3 times a day before when you sit down to eat, within 2-3 months.
Thus, it is difficult to overestimate the importance of aloe. Medicinal properties and contraindications of this plant make it almost universal medicine in the treatment of most diseases. And considering that aloe is quite unpretentious and practically does not require special care, it is strongly recommended to buy this plant for yourself. After all, who knows what can happen, and here at hand there is always a “universal assistant” who will help to cope with various diseases.