"Adelfan": indications, reviews, instructions, composition, analogues
Adelfan is one of the combined drugs that help lower blood pressure (BP). When choosing a tool, it is recommended to read the reviews and indications for the use of Adelfan.
Composition and pharmacodynamics
ATAdelfanactive ingredients are reserpine and dihydralazine.
The drug has a mild hypotensive effect. It restores the tone of the blood vessels, expands them and relieves tension.
Reserpine - the active substance included in the tablets "Adelfan." It helps to reduce blood pressure. Under the action of reserpine depleted stocks of neurotransmitters that cause antipsychic effects.
Dihydralazine belongs to the group of antispasmodics. It helps to reduce the tone of the smooth muscles of blood vessels, as well as reduce peripheral vascular resistance.
After taking the drug:
- improves the work of the digestive tract (gastrointestinal tract);
- increased renal blood flow;
- decreases the metabolic rate;
- hypothermia is observed;
- respiratory movements are deepening.
After a three-week course of treatment with Adelfan tablets, the most stable effect is felt:
- decreases the smooth muscle tone of the arterioles;
- decreases resistance in the vessels of the brain and heart;
- blood flow increases as a result of dihydralazine.
After taking the drug for 4 days, 8% of the drug is excreted by the kidneys, 62% through the gastrointestinal tract.
The drug "Adelfan" comes in the form of tablets, which have a flat shape. One drug tablet contains 100 μg of reserpine and 10 mg of dihydralazine. Tablets of 10 pieces are packed in blisters, and then in cardboard boxes. Sold in packs of 2, 3 and 5 blisters. The price of "Adelfan"profitable, accessible to all.
Indications for use
The list of diseases for the appointment of the drug is very scarce. The tool purposefully acts only to reduce blood pressure. Thus, Adelfan tablets are prescribed in the following cases:
Mode of application
The drug should be taken with meals, drinking plenty of water.The dose is selected by the attending physician, individually for each patient, taking into account the degree and causes of the disease. Usually begin the course with a minimum dose, and then it is gradually increased. The maximum daily dose, which is 3 tablets, is not recommended to exceed.
If on the background of taking the drug the patient's blood pressure does not decrease, then it is worthwhile to choose an analogue of “Adelfan”.
According to reviews and indications for use, "Adelfan" should be excluded in the following diseases:
- Parkinson's disease;
- depressive states;
- myocardial infarction;
- peptic ulcer disease;
- severe angina and arrhythmias;
- severe tachycardia;
- disruption of the liver;
- renal failure;
- hypersensitivity of the body to the components that make up the drug.
With caution, the drug is used:
- with coronary and cerebral atherosclerosis;
- in old age.
In such situations, when the disease and the action of the drug are incompatible, it is better to find a substitute for Adelfan.
Timely treatment of hypertension prevents the risk of stroke.It is necessary to select drugs that are effective and aimed at reducing high blood pressure.
Taking the drug during pregnancy is not recommended. This is associated with a decrease in gastrointestinal peristalsis, which occurs after taking the drug. But "Adelfan" can be used in critical cases once. If you need to take the drug during lactation, then you should forget about breastfeeding a child.
If the doses recommended by Adelfan are followed, there will be practically no side effects. Very seldom possible manifestations of the reaction in the form of:
- increased fatigue;
- depressive state;
- nasal congestion.
If there are side effects while taking the drug "Adelfan" you need to notify the attending physician. He, in turn, will cancel the drug and replace it with another drug.
Interaction with other drugs
Joint admission "Adelfana" together with other antihypertensive drugs are not allowed. Cardiac glycosides cause a decrease in heart rate,which contributes to the occurrence of arrhythmias. Increases the effect of sleeping pills, antihistamines, tricyclic antidepressants. When using the drug together with MAO inhibitors, a jump in blood pressure and hyperactivity of the patient can be observed.
Sometimes there are cases when you need to use the drug, and the patient's body does not tolerate it, reacting with various adverse and allergic reactions. In such situations, the doctor selects a drug similar to Adelfan.
- Adelfan-Ezidreks. According to reviews, indications for use and instructions is considered the best medicine, replacing its predecessor. This is a combined antihypertensive drug that has arteriodilating, sympatholytic and diuretic action. The composition of one tablet includes: dihydralazine sulfate - 10 mg, reserpine - 0.1025 mg, hydrochlorothiazide - 10 mg.
- "Enap". The drug effectively fights hypertension and eliminates the unpleasant symptoms of cardiovascular diseases.
- Raunatin. A very affordable drug that gently lowers blood pressure. It is created on the basis of the medicinal plant rauwolfia serpentine.
- “Tririzid” is a combined agent containing rauwolfia alkaloids and diuretics. The drug effectively lowers blood pressure.
Why removed from production "Adelfan"? By thisThe question is asked by many patients when they do not find the drug in pharmacies. According to doctors, “Adelfan” is an outdated version of the drug. There are more suitable analogues with increased efficiency and safety for the patient.
In fact, the list of drugs that can replace "Adelfan" is much longer. Every day more and more advanced drugs are on sale. Find the right drug will help the doctor. Without coordination with him the use of any drugs is not recommended. The doctor selects drugs for the course of treatment, based on a survey of the patient, laboratory and instrumental studies.
The use of the drug in high doses can cause symptoms of overdose. They appear as:
- confused consciousness;
- falling blood pressure;
- angina pectoris;
- nausea and vomiting;
If any of the above symptoms occur, the patient needs emergency care, which consists of:
- gastric lavage;
- intake of enterosorbents;
- the introduction of vasoactive agents;
- use of anticonvulsant and anticholinergic drugs;
- Artificial ventilator during respiratory depression.
To carry out these manipulations, the patient first needs to be hospitalized and only under the supervision of a physician to carry out procedures. Based on the feedback and indications for use of Adelfan,you can prevent the occurrence of symptoms of overdose. To do this, it is enough to take the dose indicated by the doctor; in no case should you increase it without permission.
As stated in the manual, Adelfan should be stored in a dark, dry place, away from children. Storage temperature should not exceed 25 degrees. The shelf life is 3 years from the date of issue. It should be noted that the date of manufacture is fixed on the package. After the expiration date, taking the drug is not recommended.
Many people ask: "Why was Adelfan out of production?" The fact is thatHe declared obsolete drug. In pharmacies, only an analogue of the drug is sold, more advanced in its composition - “Adelfan-Ezidreks”. For this reason, to voice the exact cost of the drug is quite difficult. The price of "Adelfan-Ezidreks" depends on the region of residence and varies in the range of 130-180 rubles per pack. It is available for sale and sold without a prescription from a doctor.
When taking Adelfan, several important recommendations should be taken into account:
- with the depressed state, the manifestation of lesions on the skin, temperature increase while taking this drug, its further use is contraindicated;
- a few days before any surgical interventions should stop taking the funds;
- joint administration of the drug Adelfan with ACE inhibitors is prohibited;
- in order to avoid bradycardia, it is necessary to introduce "Atropine" in advance;
- during the course of treatment with caution you need to use drugs containing adrenostimulyatory;
- taking the drug should be done with caution when driving a car and other vehicles.
It is recommended to read the reviews for the indications for the use of Adelfan.Most patients who have previously undergone treatment believe that the drug effectively and rapidly reduces blood pressure. But to avoid side effects, it is still better to replace it with another similar tool.
Hypertension is a real threat to a person’s life. If you do not treat the disease in a timely manner, the results can be disastrous, even fatal. Against the background of hypertension, heart disease develops:
- angina pectoris;
It is important to prevent the state of occurrence of complications of the disease. To do this, you need to consult a doctor in time and undergo a course of treatment with drugs designed to lower blood pressure.