Abortion in early pregnancy
Unfortunately, not all women, after seeing 2 stripes,very happy about this event. After all, many of them have their own reasons why they want to get rid of the child. Someone has medical evidence, someone has financial problems. Therefore, many of them have only one way out - abortion. If it turned out that this is the only solution, then it is necessary to take into account that abortion at the early stage of pregnancy is considered the safest and less traumatic. But first, let's see what abortion is.
Abortion is the artificial termination of pregnancywith the help of medication or surgical intervention. Under Russian law, any woman has the right to decide whether to give her pregnancy or not, but only if her period does not exceed 12 weeks. Many people ask themselves: "Is it possible to get rid of pregnancy without consequences for the body?". Most doctors unanimously say: "No!". After all, as soon as fertilization of the egg has occurred, the woman's body immediately begins to get used to new conditions for him. And every day, more and more adapting to these changes. And when an abortion occurs, the body experiences a shock. In addition, the longer the gestation period, the harder the consequences. Therefore, termination of pregnancy should be carried out as soon as possible. Now let's consider what kinds of abortions exist in the early term.
This type of abortion is used by women who wishto get rid of pregnancy, the term of which is not more than 6 weeks. Its advantage is that it is carried out with the help of medications without the use of surgical intervention. The essence of this method is as follows:
- At a reception with a gynecologist or in a hospital, a womantakes a drug that blocks the hormone that supports pregnancy, progesterone. For some time she is under the strict supervision of a doctor, in case the medication intake will cause any negative reaction.
- Within a few hours a woman shouldbleeding begins, which can last about two weeks. This process is the very abortion. Basically everything goes without side effects, but sometimes a woman can feel a headache and nausea.
- After 10-12 days a woman must come to an appointment with a gynecologist and make an ultrasound to make sure that there is not a piece of fetal egg left in the uterus cavity.
Abortion at an early stage medication has many advantages:
- there is no risk of mechanical damage to the mucous uterus;
- short duration of the operation;
- there is no risk of infection;
- the lowest risk of infertility.
Also abortion at an early stage of pregnancy has a number of contraindications:
- allergy to the components of the drug;
- a scar on the uterus;
- poor blood clotting;
- exacerbation of chronic diseases.
But there are cases when abortion does not occur and part of the fetal egg remains. Then it is necessary to make a curettage, and this already increases the risk of developing endometritis several times.
Vacuum aspiration (mini-abortion) - abortion at an early agestage of pregnancy (up to 5 weeks), which is currently the most common. It is performed by surgical intervention in the following way: the doctor inserts a vacuum aspirator into the vagina, which looks like a large syringe with a nozzle, with which a negative pressure is created in the uterine cavity, which leads to the separation of the fetal egg from the uterus. This type of abortion is performed minutes 5-10 and mostly under general anesthesia.
The main minus of mini-abortion is thatthere is mechanical damage to the uterus. After all, before you introduce a vacuum-aspirator, the doctor with the help of special rods-expanders stretches the cervix. He does this until the disclosure is large enough to introduce the necessary tools for abortion. The entire process is carried out very quickly, which leads to a small damage to the tissues of the uterus.
Dear women! You have the right to choose how to get rid of pregnancy. But in the future, remember that in the modern world, many contraceptives have been invented that will help you avoid unwanted pregnancies. It is much easier to protect from it than to get rid of it.