A small lump in the house: how to teach a kitten to the tray
If a small fluffy lump appeared in your house, then you thought about how to teach the kitten to the tray. Your main task is to help your child navigate the new place. The more attention you pay to the cat in the learning process, the faster your new pet will learn how to do its “tricks” in the potty.
How to teach a kitten to the tray: choose a filler
Now in pet stores a wide range of fillers. These are clay, and woody, and mineral, and many others. Practice shows that babies like small filler more than large ones, because by nature they like to bury their “tricks” very much. Another important point is the shape of the tray. If you have a very tiny baby (a month and a half), then choose models with low sides to make the kitten easier to understand how to get into the tray.
The use of fillers simplifies the process.
- They perfectly absorb odors.
- If there is a filler in the pot, then it is much easier to accustom the cat to the toilet.
- It is convenient to clean, because you do not need to constantly change the filler, it is enough to throw out the formed lumps.
How to teach a kitten to the tray: a plan of action
1. Ask the person who sold (gave) you a kitten, what kind of filler he used.
2. First steps. As soon as the baby gets to your home, show him the pot. As a rule, kittens up to five months go to the toilet several times a day! Your task is to keep track of when the baby wants to do his "business", and immediately sit him in the tray.
3. Pot in sight. The tray must be placed in a prominent place so that the cat's child can immediately find it. When the kitten gets used to it, then it will be possible to rearrange it in the toilet or in the bathroom. It is best to put the pot on the way of the baby from the resting place to the bowl, so he will often pass through it. Since the kittens are very curious, he will definitely take an interest in this strange thing.
How to teach a kitten to the tray: limit the space
If you have a large apartment or house, then for the first time you need to protect a small area for the baby, so he will get used to doing his “things” in a pot more quickly.
Lock "alternative places"
It is necessary to isolate all possible corners and spaces that he may take for the toilet.
How to teach a kitten to the toilet: choose the right filler
If you don’t know what type he is used to, then experiment a bit: put two identical trays, but with different fillings. Which one he chooses - use that.
Control of the result - the key to success
To consolidate the result, you need to check the baby several times: how he went to the potty, caress him and say that he is great. As soon as the kitten understands where its toilet is, you can rearrange the tray to any convenient place.
Various sprays are being sold for toilet training. You can use them so that your kitten gets used to the tray faster. In addition, there is a special filler "Katsan". All cats, even the most fastidious, begin to walk into it.
If the kid wrote in the wrong place, then this corner should be washed well with vinegar. All these tips will help you figure out how to teach a kitten to the tray. Have a good training!